Price drops Noordam-Need guidance

justgina4u

Hi All, I have noticed that the prices have dropped for my cruise on Feb 26 on Noordam (Caribbean) again this week. I booked when Explore 4 was offered (pinnacle grill, $50 beverage card, etc) and have a VD category cabin, the prices are now $200 per person lower for VD category.

Does anyone have any tips on getting a ship board credit. Last week my TA tried to get a shipboard credit but at that time HAL said my offer I received was to my benefit, so bottom line no OBC for me. Now the price has dropped again, let me know your thoughts. thank you

Hi All, I have noticed that the prices have dropped for my cruise on Feb 26 on Noordam (Caribbean) again this week. I booked when Explore 4 was offered (pinnacle grill, $50 beverage card, etc) and have a VD category cabin, the prices are now $200 per person lower for VD category.

Does anyone have any tips on getting a ship board credit. Last week my TA tried to get a shipboard credit but at that time HAL said my offer I received was to my benefit, so bottom line no OBC for me. Now the price has dropped again, let me know your thoughts. thank you

Does the "new price" include the same Explore 4 perks? Probably not. Your TA make talk HAL into OBC's ... but I think you would lose your Explore 4 perks. That's what many people have reported here ... lower price = no Explore 4.

Once you are inside the final payment date, you are at their mercy. Technically they don't have to do a thing. The best I've been able to do is get an upgrade if there are higher category cabins that are going for less than you had paid when you booked the cruise. I think your chance of getting an obc is slim to none, but I could be wrong. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Have your TA call and ask -- chances are slim that if your do get extra shipboard credit, you will lose the Explore4 package.

My TA did call about the price drop and a OBC but we were denied due to the explore 4 offer. The price has since dropped again for the VD category and we were offered a cabin upgrade to VA or a OBC but the explore 4 was eliminated. TA was able to keep a PG dinner via her HAL rep. We took the OBC at least it was something as were were inside the cut off date.

Just a quick note... Noordam feb 28th 2014.

Hope it was just a typo.lol or just excited and showing up early.:D

I am on that cruise so doubted myself for a second.

yes the sailing date is Feb 28th. we are flying out on the 26th. so I have that date in mind. See you soon.

Edited by justgina4u

I tried to get an upgrade on the April 15 part of your cruise and was told I would lose the Beverage package, dinner and credit. They are charging less for a suite then we paid for a balcony. My travel agent called for me but it was not a deal after giving back everything.

Here's how we do it, figure out the value of what we have FOR US. For example, the beverage package may be valued at $100/day pp but for us it's more like $20 each. Dinner is worth less because we're 3-star. Then it's pretty easy to decide if a price drop or upgrade is worth it. With Explore 4 we passed on one price drop but took the next. You really can't lose - at worst you have what you already thought was worth it when you bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app