Coral Mini Suite

Rocky Top

Has anyone stayed in D-715 on the Coral? We are in this cabin for Nov. 14th sailing. If not, what about any of those cabins in the same area (D706 - D726)? Is the balcony completely covered and is the cabin the same as mini suites that are on the upper decks? Would really appreciate any input.

Thanks !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't notice that the movement was any worse than anywhere else on the ship. I do have to admit that the movement on the Coral Princess seemed to be a little more than I remembered from the other 3 Alaskan cruises we'd been on. One was on the Sun Princess, one on one of the Celebrity ships, and the other on a RCCL ship. It may just be a false memory of the amount of movement being small in the past or the seas might have been slightly more this trip. Certainly there was never enough motion to cause us any problems.

We were in D721 for the 10 '03 Panama cruise and loved every minute. Balcony is completely covered and larger than a standard balcony stateroom. Didn't notice any additional movement at all. A big plus is there is a private little balcony at the end of the hall which is never used and great for viewing the canal. You are also close to the laundry, but never heard any noise from it. Big draw back is, it is a very long walk back to your cabin at night, especially if you have had an extra cocktail!! LOL :D

Big draw back is, it is a very long walk back to your cabin at night, especially if you have had an extra cocktail!! LOL :D
Perhaps this will discourage me from my usual late night visit to Horizon Court ;) (we will be aft on the D deck on the coral in January).

note to Largin: we are in D716 on Nov 24. I will post afterward and let you know how it was. I have been assured by wonderful people on this site that the balcony is covered and we would love the mini suite.

Thanks.. Will be waiting for your review..

I just booked D712 and it is covered. I will be going 4/23/06 on the Coral.

Has anyone stayed in D-715 on the Coral? We are in this cabin for Nov. 14th sailing. If not, what about any of those cabins in the same area (D706 - D726)? Is the balcony completely covered and is the cabin the same as mini suites that are on the upper decks? Would really appreciate any input.

Thanks !!!!!

Do you know if all the decks on the dolphin deck are covered or just the ones on the end? We're in D414

edna

Edna on the Dolphin deck the ones at the end are covered. Yours and mine D415 are uncovered. The mini's on the Emerald deck are covered. It sure is confusing isn't it.:D

Marilyn

• 2 weeks later...

We were just in C718 on the Coral. Except for those farthest aft, it looked like all of the Caribe balconies (which were 1/2 covered) completely covered all of the Dolphin deck balconies below us in our area.

Les

Does anyone know if the aft elevators can be used by the passengers? :confused:

The aft elevators would be a great solution if they ran horizontally the length of the ship!!! {:-)

Seriously though.... the Dolphin deck rooms that were being discussed are almost all the way up at the bow of the ship (foreward) and the baclcony mentioned is aft (at the rear or stern of the ship). You can use the aft elevators but there's still a relatively long walk from the stern to the bow area (close to or a bit more than 800 feet - a bit more than 8 cabins!)

Archived