Samana - Whale Watching Excursion

WhitePearl

Then why do you want to go whale watching? I am not being facetious, but operators in other countries are not subject to the US marine mammal regulations.

I was surprised to hear that there were that many whales in the Caribbean. You almost never see them from onboard. But I have since seen photos from other passengers, that saw quite a few on the various excursions.

We can see quite a few whales on northern California excursions, so that's why we haven't tried them elsewhere. :)

I would suggest Altos de Chavon, which is a lovely village. But I think it is too far away from Samana. We docked at Casa de Campo, I think, last time we were there.

Edited by Coralc

• 2 weeks later...

Just did a whale watching trip with kim beddell (whalesamana.com). It was amazing!!!! Her boat has the perfect set up for viewing. Plenty of space and 360• viewing. The cruise ships pack people into smaller boats like sardines. The water is rough, but kim's boat really handles the waves. We watched two pairs of whales, some solo males and a mother and calf. I can't say enough good things about her tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app