Carnival Liberty - WOW!!!

lidopuppy

My husband and I hadn't taken a Carnival cruise in 4 years and were a little nervous because of the reviews on all of the boards. We had so many great memories as we cruised Carnival several times with our boys when they were younger and had an awesome time on every cruise.

Our expectations were definitely exceeded. The Liberty is a beautiful ship. I did miss the Royal Promenade that RCCL has, but there are other advantages that you get from Carnival. The piano bar, Lido deck and atrium had the best entertainment that we had seen on any of our 12 cruises. One of the performers (Aaron Van Allen) was the best performer we have had on any ship...so talented we plan to follow what we know will be a great career for him!

The food was very good. We have always thought that Carnival had the edge on food and this ship definitely confirmed that.

For any of those concerned about the quality of Carnival, we didn't have any concerns after traveling on the Liberty. We will definitely throw Carnival back in the "ring" when planning future cruises.

Edited by lidopuppy

My husband and I hadn't taken a Carnival cruise in 4 years and were a little nervous because of the reviews on all of the boards. We had so many great memories as we cruised Carnival several times with our boys when they were younger and had an awesome time on every cruise.

Our expectations were definitely exceeded. The Liberty is a beautiful ship. I did miss the Royal Promenade that RCCL has, but there are other advantages that you get from Carnival. The piano bar, Lido deck and atrium had the best entertainment that we had seen on any of our 12 cruises. One of the performers (Aaron Van Allen) was the best performer we have had on any ship...so talented we plan to follow what we know will be a great career for him!

The food was very good. We have always thought that Carnival had the edge on food and this ship definitely confirmed that.

For any of those concerned about the quality of Carnival, we didn't have any concerns after traveling on the Liberty. We will definitely throw Carnival back in the "ring" when planning future cruises.

Good to hear we go at the end of April!

Thanks for the good report!

I also have not been on Carnival in four years and looking forward to a cruise on them again later this year. Also good to hear nice things about the entertainment. Glad you enjoyed the Liberty.:)

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! We sail on the Liberty in 5 more weeks! We've been on her before, but this will be the first time with the post 2.0 upgrades.

I am really happy to hear you enjoyed the food since there have been so many conflicting opinions on the new menus.

So what is not to be missed on the new menus? Any new favorites?

We were just on the Liberty last week. We enjoyed her as well. We enjoyed the new dining room menus, as well as the 2.0 upgrades! Our room steward was awesome. It was just a nice relaxing week. -OP, I think we were on the SAS shuttle with ya'll from FLL?

Happy to hear you liked Liberty. In my opinion Liberty is Carnivals best ship all around, I only wish the rest of the ships were like her when it comes to service.

Freedom her sister ship was not good, we will be on Breeze in May and it will be interesting to see if we like her like we LOVED Liberty.

Are you coming back to elaborate, for instance, what you liked in the MDR? Hope so. :D

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! We sail on the Liberty in 5 more weeks! We've been on her before, but this will be the first time with the post 2.0 upgrades.

I am really happy to hear you enjoyed the food since there have been so many conflicting opinions on the new menus.

So what is not to be missed on the new menus? Any new favorites?

First of all, if you like music, don't miss Aaron Van Allen (tell him John and Peggy from Wisconsin said hi). He is a fabulous artist and we went to almost all of his shows on the Lido deck and in the atrium. Also, Jonathon in the piano bar is very talented and we enjoyed the piano bar several nights.

My husband loved the Guy's burgers (limited himself to 3). I had one and it was delicious, but I can only handle so many greasy burgers...though I enjoyed every bite. I loved the Blue Iguana Cantina and got a burrito 3 days for lunch. The pico was so fresh...loved it. Wish they would have had tortilla chips, but then I may be splurged a little too much. I didn't think the dinners had changed much but they were very good (only ate in the dining room 3 nights). I heard several people say that they had heard RCCL had better food, but we have always preferred Carnival's food. They always have a few killer desserts. I banned the elevator and made my husband take the stairs with me so we limited the weight gain!

Hope that you and all of the others that have a trip booked have the same great experience!

Are you coming back to elaborate, for instance, what you liked in the MDR? Hope so. :D

I loved the Red Snapper (it was the local fare when we left Puerto Rico). My husband had the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (renamed to something like Carnival's Melting Chocolate Cake) every night for dessert (we only went to the dining room 3 nights).

I did try the alligator bites and they were tasty. My husband is a meat eater and loved the chicken and pork chops. I always try something new...I figure why not...I can always grab something later if I don't like it.

I thought the service was fantastic in both the dining room and in the Lido buffet. I do like that Carnival has more flexibility on the buffet times. Because we ended up meeting some great people and enjoying the onboard music, we often ate at off times around the musicians playing schedule. It was nice having options any time. I didn't try the fish and chips place...planned to but it was out of the way (upstairs in the Lido buffet, called Emiles) and I just kept forgetting about it. Good thing is we didn't go hungry!!! :)

You picked a great ship for a comeback cruise. I'm torn between Liberty eastern (from Canaveral) and a Valor cruise out of San Juan for 2015. Both are my favorite ships.

We loved the Valor too (went on that ship in 2007). The last trip was on the Dream in 2010 with our boys and then we switched to RCCL. We would like to try a cruise out of San Juan - hoping to get to see some new ports.

I'm worried, Liberty is the only ship I have been on and now we are going back on LIberty in 1 week. I'm scared when we sail on a different ship we won't be as happy...lol..we shouldn't have started with one of the best ones..It can only go down from here!..hehe

Excited for all of you going on the Liberty. You won't be disappointed! I usually don't have much bad to say about a vacation, but this was certainly one of our favorite ships. We were nervous because our last cruise was on the RCCL Allure and that was an incredible ship. That said...we had a blast and the Liberty is beautiful and easy to navigate.