Regal Princess

Cruiser59983

We're booked on Regal's 5/20 maiden voyage, so we hope all goes well on her final fit out and sea trials! Your external pictures and location updates are great -keep 'em coming! Since we're in a DA mid-ship cabin (slightly larger balcony under the sea walk), we're also interested to see if they opened up the central stairs for passenger use.

I'll try to do a "live from" thread once onboard and send some pictures.

Dave,

I went back to post 12 and zoomed in, not quite sure "what" was the pool. Could you point to with your little arrow, or are you out of them after pointing to all the cabins for everyone? lol:):)

Can't wait for a view from the top!!

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

This is a rendering of the aft pool of Britannia, looking across Deck 17 aft starboard towards port...

12648368105_90db592701_o.jpg

...which equates to this area on an actual image of Britannia...

(the pool is the unfinished red colored box in the center of the deck at the edge)

12648792454_0333b1c1b4_b.jpg

...and this area on Regal Princess...

12648792604_dc09860bbd_b.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Hi Steve,

This is a rendering of the aft pool of Britannia, looking across Deck 17 aft starboard towards port...

12648368105_90db592701_o.jpg

...which equates to this area on an actual image of Britannia...

(the pool is the unfinished red colored box in the center of the deck at the edge)

12648792454_0333b1c1b4_b.jpg

...and this area on Regal Princess...

12648792604_dc09860bbd_b.jpg

Hey Dave just booked the Regal today. I am trying to picture the area where they put this pool. Is it the aft area where they had a partially covered section that allowed smoking?

Hey Dave just booked the Regal today. I am trying to picture the area where they put this pool. Is it the aft area where they had a partially covered section that allowed smoking?

Exactly that same location. It's aft of the Fitness Center. My guess is that it won't be a smoking area for much longer, or at least confined to only one side and a much smaller area.

This area on Royal Princess will have the aft pool on Regal Princess:

11579960183_7ba7675cfc_c.jpg

11579748975_6568a7d908_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

The poles and structures at the aft terrace area on the Royal that is shown in Dave's photos are right where the pool will go on the Regal. It appears that these structures are moved to the aft area on the deck below on the Regal to make space on this higher deck on the Regal. I believe that they fly flags from this as well as it being a connection point for the string of lights that go from the front of the ship over the ship to the back.

Exactly that same location. It's aft of the Fitness Center. My guess is that it won't be a smoking area for much longer, or at least confined to only one side and a much smaller area.

This area on Royal Princess will have the aft pool on Regal Princess:

11579960183_7ba7675cfc_c.jpg

11579748975_6568a7d908_c.jpg

Makes sense to put it there. I spent some time up there away from the smokers and thought it was an underutilized space. It was never crowded.

The poles and structures at the aft terrace area on the Royal that is shown in Dave's photos are right where the pool will go on the Regal. It appears that these structures are moved to the aft area on the deck below on the Regal to make space on this higher deck on the Regal. I believe that they fly flags from this as well as it being a connection point for the string of lights that go from the front of the ship over the ship to the back.

Hi Benny,

The mast on Deck 17 aft where the pool would go is bascially lights and rigging. The flag is flown from the next level down on Lido Deck aft of the Horizon Terrace.

Here are two more pictures of the Deck 17 aft mast:

11492870993_8ed6601b51_z.jpg

You can see the flag mast from Deck 16 aft sticking up in the lower left side of this picture

11493201733_f8a9192655_c.jpg

You can see the flag flying here in relation to that aft mast:

11460499784_142654dbcd_b.jpg

12656215484_1e7cf2f869_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Hello everyone...just booked on 12 day Mediterranean cruise on Princess. First time cruising for our family of three. We have booked a forward cabin (obstructed view but don't mind that). Looking for any ideas, hints, or suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Barry

Welcome to CC Barry

The best advice I can give to you is budget for on board spending. As a first time cruiser it is very easy to fall into a trap and purchase every tee shirt, photo and gold by the inch. It's nice to purchase a family photo on formal night but they tend to snap your picture for every port including the embarkation port as well as in the dinning rooms and cocktail lounges. Most of the pictures are very good and it is easy to over spend. I spent $800 on family pictures one time and I couldn't tell you where those pictures are. One day when I move they will show up. However I also took many pictures with my camera and uploaded them to my computer. These I view on a daily basis as they are my screen saver. Make sure you have plenty of memory storage for your camera if you use a digital camera. Dave took beautiful pictures of the Royal with his phone so a camera is not always necessary. On my last cruise I used my iPhone and didn't even bring a camera.

Don't waste your time on the shopping in port lectures. All they do is try to sell you a coupon book for $20. It has probably gone up by now I haven't been to one of those lectures since my first Princess cruise in 1991. I didn't by the book but basically it sends you to shops that will give the cruise line a kick back. If you hand the shop a coupon you will receive some lame gift equivalent to what you would find in a Cracker Jack box. I have seen some of the things people come back with.

The Daily Patter which comes to your room each day and post events and port information for the next day is your best friend, especially for a first time cruiser. It also gives information about dress code in the main dinning room for the evening. Some people like to high light the events that they want to attend. This is good idea because there tends to be a lot of information and it could be overwhelming. I believe there is an app for the patter that can be accessed from a smart phone if you have one. This is only available on the new ships at this time. I don't know much about it other than it exists. someone else who has sailed on the Royal can elaborate. Don't expect to do every event of see every show in one day. Read the patter and plan each day. They repeat shows so if you missed one you should be able to catch it at another time. There is a lot to see and do especially on the new ships. Don't try to do it all. If you over do it you will come back exhausted and Princess wants you to "Come Back New".

Finally keep posting questions on CC and read some of the "What to bring on a cruise threads". There are some good tips on those threads however there are folks who bring everything up to and including the kitchen sink. For the record I have never needed to bring a coffee maker or mattress topper. Read through the list and decide what is important to you.

Enjoy your cruise

Is it me? Am I missing something? The way I interpreted the op's question is he was asking for suggestions about cruising in general. He just happens to be booked on the Regal. Now that I go back and read all the other posts it seems that this thread has taken on a whole new life.

Makes sense to put it there. I spent some time up there away from the smokers and thought it was an underutilized space. It was never crowded.

Glad to see they are doing something useful with that area on the Royal. Hope that the addition of the pool doesn't change the Outrigger covered area below it...what a great spot!

Is it me? Am I missing something? The way I interpreted the op's question is he was asking for suggestions about cruising in general. He just happens to be booked on the Regal. Now that I go back and read all the other posts it seems that this thread has taken on a whole new life.

You're absolutely correct, and my apologies to the OP. I initially responded to a statement in Post #10 and got carried away.

At this point in time I will discontinue any further updates of Regal Princess on this thread.

You're absolutely correct, and my apologies to the OP. I initially responded to a statement in Post #10 and got carried away.

At this point in time I will discontinue any further updates of Regal Princess on this thread.

The title of the thread is Regal Princess so your not wrong either. Actually what you posted is what I was expecting to see until I read the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...