What to take on excursion?

Ucm2000

Depends what you're doing! If you're simply shopping or on a tour, then a purse (I don't do crossbody...just my normal pocketbook!)

If I'm going to a beach or water excursion, I take a tote for towels, sunscreen, and my small purse can go in there. I don't take much money and only 1 credit card on those sorts of shore days.

Like I said, you take what you need for the thing you'll be doing!

My wife takes neither. We are always together and I carry a backpack. If it is just shopping I have a couple of bottles of water, sunscreen (always in the pack), a couple of power bars, maybe some fruit, my wallet and the camera. If it is to a beach, add towels.

She will tell you if frees up her hands to carry the bags of new stuff she has to have. :D

In addition to the above posters` suggestions, I always bring a mini-pack of Kleenex, and travel sized wet-wipes and hand sanitizer. Some of the bathrooms we encountered in Mexico actually had a washroom attendant that was charging for 3 squares of TP and some bathrooms had no TP at all. Another bathroom in Belize has no sinks to wash-up, so better to be prepared than not.

I also bring a granola bar of some type and a sealed bottle of water and a packet or two of the Crystal Lite mix-ins. If you are on a long excursion or just don't want to stop for lunch, a light snack comes in handy.

Lastly, a very valuable lesson learned by my family----- Bring Chapstick with an SPF. We all got very sunburned lips while in Half Moon Cay. Reapply often.... sunburned lips really, really hurt.

I agree w the hand sanitizer and tissues! Next time we will be bringing out Contigo insulated travel cups. Put in ice and it stays ice for a long time! Even if you bring water it gets hot and hot water isn't so pleasant to drink. We used these mugs hiking once and it kept the ice from melting that we needed it to melt for more water. They work very well! Of course I would only bring those on long all day excursions with long bus rides, etcetera.

Doesn't matter where we go, I have a mini first-aid kit with me. A few head ache / pain tablets, Buscopan, Imodium, some antihistamine, a few bandaids, liquid Sanitizer, portion eye drops. All fits in less the space of a packet of tissues. I hardly ever need any of it, but we were very happy we had the stuff on hand on the rare occasions we did.

Anytime we get off of the ship in a port we always take a copy of our passport and the name & contact number of the Ship's Agent in port.

There are more reasons for doing this other than missing the ship.

A man fell and broke his leg. Fortunately, his wife had the Ship's Agent info which in printed in the ship's daily newsletter with her. The clinic he was taken contacted the Ship's Agent. A decision was made to transport the man back to the ship. The Ship's Agent contacted the ship and made all of the arrangements.

LuLu

~~~

Anytime we get off of the ship in a port we always take a copy of our passport and the name & contact number of the Ship's Agent in port.

There are more reasons for doing this other than missing the ship.

A man fell and broke his leg. Fortunately, his wife had the Ship's Agent info which in printed in the ship's daily newsletter with her. The clinic he was taken contacted the Ship's Agent. A decision was made to transport the man back to the ship. The Ship's Agent contacted the ship and made all of the arrangements.

LuLu

~~~

Absolutely correct! Great advice :)

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006