Getaway vs. Allure

Maddycakes

My family and I have sailed the RCI oasis class ships and LOVED them, but unfortunately this year they are a little out of our price range.

The rates on the Getaway seem to be more reasonable. Has anyone sailed both these class ships and may be able to give me some feedback wth how they compare?

ive not been on either but I was on the sisters to both. if I was standing on a path with both ships to choose from I would choose allure. that being said the entertainment options on getaway is better . the only thing that sways me from getaway is the lack of wide open spaces. on allure you have great views of and around the ship and on getaway theres a more compartmentalized layout.

We went on the Allure last year and we are going on the Getaway next week. I will let you know my honest impression when we return. We loved the Allure but the prices were close to double that of the Getaway. We are looking forward to our first NCL cruise. If I forget feel free to direct message me.

My family and I have sailed the RCI oasis class ships and LOVED them, but unfortunately this year they are a little out of our price range.

The rates on the Getaway seem to be more reasonable. Has anyone sailed both these class ships and may be able to give me some feedback wth how they compare?

We have sailed on the Breakaway and the Oasis Of The Seas

The Breakaway had more "family activities" and evening entertainment - huge variety - also more restaurant choices.

The Oasis being centered around the Park and Boardwalk - there are not any restaurants or many areas with ocean views - I felt like I was at a Hilton Hotel & Formal Nights were over the top - fun to see though!:D

Opinions Vary - We like "Freestyle" cruising, no suits & ties to pack, and no scheduled meal times.

I myself have not sailed on either class ships, however, my boss is an avid cruiser and 90% of the time he cruises with RCCL. He has been on the Oasis (1)and Allure(2x) and almost every other ship in the RCCL fleet, and just loves them. This past spring he cruised with NCL for the first time ever on the Breakaway. I couldn't wait for him to return to hear all about it. He had a great time and said that there was a ton of things to do and that entertainment was great. When I asked him how it compared with Allure, he said that it wasn't worse and it wasn't better, it was just really different. He does plan on sailing the Breakaway class again along with RCCL. If it were me I would give the Getaway a try. Better price and it's something new and different. I hope that helps.

Been on the Allure and the Breakaway (Getaway twin).

Both good ships. I always felt that on the Allure I was always being steered away from the outside areas. Yes, you could look up and see the sky from the Park and Boardwalk. But, there's little to remind you that you're on a cruise. So, what's the point.

The Breakaway has THE WATERFRONT, which is really great. You can stroll the Waterfront to take in teh sights, or stop at an outside area to have a drink (plenty of seating areas outside, or eat at one of the restaurants along the Waterfront. As you can tell, I really liked that about the ship.

Allure has good entertainment. Breakaway and Epic (after sailing both) trumped Allure's entertainment. I don't expect any different with the Getaway.

Allure and Breakaway are both beautiful ships, in their own unique ways.

Price being equal, I'd probably pick the Getaway because of Freestyle (which is done much better than Allure's "Anytime", from my experience) and the better entertainment on Getaway (I hear that Slam Allen is now playing on the Getaway....DO NOT MISS HIM).

I was looking for a cruise for our upcoming honeymoon. I was really surprised at the fares on the Oasis and Allure. I got a full Haven Spa Suite, complete with concierege, butler, private Haven amenities for a little less than a waterfront balcony cabin on RCCL's ships.

I'm sure as the cruise gets closer, RCCL will drop the prices. But, I couldn't pass up the deal with NCL.

No real wrong answer or bad cruise on any of these, though.

Good luck.

We have been on the Allure twice and the Oasis four times and just got off the Getaway this past Saturday. And also just booked yesterday again for the Allure in September. I don't think anyone could go wrong with either the Getaway or the Allure. I like the entertainment on the Getaway more than the Allure but that could be because we have cruised on the Allure/Oasis a lot and the Getaway only once. The prices we have gotten on both are very similar. Biggest reason we chose the Allure over the Getaway for this September is on the Allure we are doing the western caribbean and the Getaway only does the eastern.