Oasis - 150 Central Park ..

Karen Lynn

Looking for feedback?

Anyone tried?

Thanks!

Yes, we had dinner there on the Allure about a year ago. I think you'll enjoy it if you're a "foodie" -- we did! From what I understand, their menu changes seasonally. In addition, it's a set menu of multiple courses. I don't believe there were too many choices per course. The food is also very avant-garde. If you like trying new foods or new preparations, you should like it. Also, allow enough time. The dinner is timed at a leisurely pace -- you can't rush through the evening. It's probably not for just a "meat and potato" kind of person (no offense intended). Enjoy your cruise!

Yes, we had dinner there on the Allure about a year ago. I think you'll enjoy it if you're a "foodie" -- we did! From what I understand, their menu changes seasonally. In addition, it's a set menu of multiple courses. I don't believe there were too many choices per course. The food is also very avant-garde. If you like trying new foods or new preparations, you should like it. Also, allow enough time. The dinner is timed at a leisurely pace -- you can't rush through the evening. It's probably not for just a "meat and potato" kind of person (no offense intended). Enjoy your cruise!

Are the salts used for sprinkling the breads?

I've done 150 twice. Love it. It's a very nice tasting menu. Takes about 2 or so hours. Yes, the salts are for on the bread. They are very interesting. All different flavors and are a nice compliment.

Depending on how much you like to drink, you can split a wine pairing. That's what we did. The wine pairing is $75 and includes a glass per course. But if you split it, they will bring each wine in 2 glasses no problem. In our opinion it was a decent amount since you are drinking a glass per course.

The menu changes mid week. So if you can see what it is you may want to choose one over the other. May wife does not eat seafood, and one menu had 2 seafood courses, the other had only 1 so we went when the menu had less seafood. But not to worry. If you have any food issues (like she does), you let them know and they substitute for it. For example on one night they substituted Tofu for the fish. It was prepared the exact same way, and my wife said it was really delicious, and she isn't a big Tofu fan.

So go for sure, and enjoy it.

We loved it.

Important note! There were two different menus, one the first few days of the cruise and another one the last few days of the cruise, so look them over on the first day and pick a day to eat there with the menu you prefer. For us the second menu sounded horrible, so glad we checked.

And, yes, the different salts are for the bread.

150 Central Park was very delicious on Oasis. You'll have two different menus to choose from, one for the first few days of the cruise, and the other for the last days of the cruise. Each menu is a six-course meal that focuses on quality and presentation, you'll love how creative all the dishes are; and like someone said above, you'll really appreciate it if you're a foodie. Although each course of the meal may appear to be small, overall, by the end of your meal, you'll leave feeling full and satisfied (well at least for me).

Pictured below is the Menu when I was there a couple of years ago.

f0c1v8.jpg

Here is the current menu. The one on the left is served on the 1st 4 days. The other one is served for 3 days.

150centralpark.jpeg

People don't realize there is more to the wine pairing menu. If you don't order the wine your food will be served to you as it is in any restaurant. Don't be offended if the table beside you gets an entire presentation. If they have paid $75 more for the wine pairing, there is more to it than that. They are told all about the food, it's preparation, the wine, where it comes from, and why it is chosen to go with this particular dish. Don't think your server is lame while the other server is establishing a friendly relationship with others around you. The others have paid for the "full" experience.

We had the wine pairing both times. The first time we shared. The second time I got a martini instead and my husband drank all the wine except for a tiny sip by me just for the taste.

Of course they would like you to do the wine pairing. They are trained to do it and their gratuity is built into the price. You have a nicer experience, and they have better pay.

It's worth it especially for a special occasion. Chops was once again way too crowded during our sailing to be considered a romantic meal.

Gina

Oh, I forgot about the martini! I got the house martini, and it was the best martini I have ever had. It was a Cucumber Basil martini....totally sounds weird, but it was delicious! Came in a cool glass also!

We did not get the wine pairing but we still got a presentation of every course from our waiter. He explained how everything was made and where everything came from....very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a foodie and it was a cool experience. It was very relaxing . I agree the basil martini was probably one of the best I've had. I didn't realize it was $15 each and thought it was included. I would order one again, but just be aware it is additional. The salts were very fun. I was surprised I liked the seafood shack almost as much, the warm crab legs rivaled any meal I had any where. And we went to all the specialty restaurants. I would visit it again.