Where does OBC show-up on my NCL?

mrsjetpup

I booked our first NCL cruise last weekend and received OBC from both NCL and the TA. From reading previous posts, I understand that the OBC from the TA won't show up on my NCL page, but the OBC from NCL should.

Well, I'm not finding either, so can someone please tell me where on my NCL page it should be and how long it takes to show up.

Thank you so much!

Even the OBC from NCL doesn't necessarily show on MyNCL. Ask your TA to get you an "Amenity Confirmation" from NCL, it should have all OBC not shown in MyNCL (provided that the TA has already added their OBC to your reservation at NCL, some do that only after final payment).

I had this same question the other day and called NCL. Yhey emailed me a copy of my amenities page. It had the OBC and the other amenities I have all listed out. You can be sure I will bring this with my on board, just in case there is a question. Plus I think it can be hard to remember what you have in OBC/amenities in all the excitement.

Is there ever a time when the OBC will not be shown on the Amenity Confirmation?

What are the chances it won't show up until actual debarkation day?

We should be able to see the TA OBC & NCL's ,right?

TA OBC might not show up if they haven't purchased it yet. Sometimes, a TA will wait until very close to the sailing date to purchase the OBC for their clients since it doesn't pay for them to hand over their money to the CL any sooner than necessary. If that's the case, depending on when you request the amenity confirmation, you might not see the TA's OBC.

TA OBC might not show up if they haven't purchased it yet. Sometimes, a TA will wait until very close to the sailing date to purchase the OBC for their clients since it doesn't pay for them to hand over their money to the CL any sooner than necessary. If that's the case, depending on when you request the amenity confirmation, you might not see the TA's OBC.

My TA states they purchase the OBC the week before travel. I'll be asking for a statement two days before we leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Make sure you take a hard copy (or digital copy) of your confirmation from the TA that shows your OBC. If for any reason it is not showing on your account when you get on the ship it will be helpful to show that to guest services to get it straightened out.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Make sure you take a hard copy (or digital copy) of your confirmation from the TA that shows your OBC. If for any reason it is not showing on your account when you get on the ship it will be helpful to show that to guest services to get it straightened out.

Guest services will straighten it out with the TA? I assumed I'd have to call the TA from the ship (before we left) if there were any discrepancies when boarding.

TA obc is a gift they purchase to you. In a cabin there is a postcard stating you have OBC, it does not show up on any docs. Like what a previous poster says, the TA purchases it a week or two before the sailing so it will not be on any docs.

I booked our first NCL cruise last weekend and received OBC from both NCL and the TA. From reading previous posts, I understand that the OBC from the TA won't show up on my NCL page, but the OBC from NCL should.

Well, I'm not finding either, so can someone please tell me where on my NCL page it should be and how long it takes to show up.

Thank you so much!

Any credit from NCL should show up as "My Onboard Spending Money" when you click "vacation Summary". TA credits and outside sources (like HSN) won't show up at all.

MrsJetPup: The OBC will not likely show on your tv in your cabin until the second day of the cruise--or at least until the first night.

We have OBC from NCL and our TA, and both show in different places on our NCL account a month or two from cruise date.

You can also ask your TA for the confirmation # of their calling the OBC into NCL. But as someone else said, they don't do this months in advance--I'd say not earlier than two months from cruise departure.

Have fun!

MrsJetPup: The OBC will not likely show on your tv in your cabin until the second day of the cruise--or at least until the first night.

MrsJetPup won't see their onboard account in their TV at all. Interactive TV system is only on Gem and newer ships, Pearl is older ship than Gem.

• 3 months later...

I got some OBC, those booking related OBC showed up in myNCL, but one OBC from other source does not show up anywhere in myNCL but does showed up on the amenity confirmation document..

So I have to print and amenity confirmation as proof in case something goes wrong..

Always get a confirmation statement from your TA and from NCL just in case. I had an issue with OBC from a TA and was able to get it corrected onboard quickly because I had the confirmation in writing.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

MrsJetPup won't see their onboard account in their TV at all. Interactive TV system is only on Gem and newer ships, Pearl is older ship than Gem.

Are you sure regarding the Pearl? The ship is less than a year older than the Gem, and as far as I have understood it the Gem and the Pearl are almost identical twins... Even on the Jade (that is older than both the Gem and the Pearl) you can see the oncoard account on the TV. I know that that is not the case on the Spirit and the Sun (and maybe the Star? - I haven't been on the Star myself but I know she was originally built for Star Cruises, like the Spirit and the Sun, so I am just guessing...), but I thought the rest of the NCL ships had it? But that the system is more advanced on the three newest ships (Epic, Breakaway, Getaway)...

Edited by TrumpyNor

• 8 months later...