New Online Check-In XPRESS PASS available now

madforcruising

RCCL and X anounce the availability of Online Check-In.

See the press release at:

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=rcl&script=410&layout=9&item_id=732903

I just completed my online check-In for my upcoming Infinity cruise on 09/15/05.

It´s just a few steps and you are able to print the XPRESS PASS you need for check-in.

It has a bar code on it and you have to sign it at the bottom.

Just curious how many have already done it too.

Of course I´d like to also get information from fellow cruisers who already had the opportunity to use it for check-in at boarding. Was it really faster, Is it better than the regular check-in, are there still kniks to work out?

Any information is really appreciated.

I was unable to get past Step 2 (it did not give me the option to Accept the Contract and Continue). I kept getting a message saying that I had to scroll through and read the contract, which I did, then checked both names, but to no avail. The "Accept and Continue" bar was not highlighted and when I clicked on it, Step 2 reappeared with the same message .... so I'm confused? However, it's not my first experience having problems with Celebrity's on-line documention, so I'll give it a bit of time and try again.

The new on-line documention doesn't seem too different from the one that I completed for my May cruise - although I haven't gotten to steps 3 and 4 yet. What are the enhancements of this new one? thanks,

I was unable to get past Step 2 (it did not give me the option to Accept the Contract and Continue). I kept getting a message saying that I had to scroll through and read the contract, which I did, then checked both names, but to no avail. The "Accept and Continue" bar was not highlighted and when I clicked on it, Step 2 reappeared with the same message .... so I'm confused? However, it's not my first experience having problems with Celebrity's on-line documention, so I'll give it a bit of time and try again.

The new on-line documention doesn't seem too different from the one that I completed for my May cruise - although I haven't gotten to steps 3 and 4 yet. What are the enhancements of this new one? thanks,

I had that problem first too. You have to scroll the contract to the far end and stay there. The Accept and Continue Bar is only highlighted if the contract is at the far end. If you scroll alittle back up it´s again not highlighted.

Susan,

You have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the contract.

JIm

Thanks Jim & Madfor, but I can't scroll any further - it goes to the end of #20. Is there anything past that? (I tried this before posting above as I saw the notice about scrolling to the bottom of the contract, & I just tried again but still no luck.)

Maybe it has something to do with my iMac and I should try on my husband's IBM?

Susan- I don't think the site is Mac-compatible for some reason. It didn't work with Safari or Explorer for me on my Mac. Guess I have to go to my neighbors house and see if I can do it on his PC. Is anyone else having this problem with their Mac's?

Xpress Pass Not Available: (*Required Fields)

At this time we are unable to provide an Xpress Pass to the guests listed below. When this information becomes available, we will notify the guest contact below via email. You may then return to print the Xpress Pass at that time.

Does anyone know why I get this screen at step 4?

At this time we are unable to provide an Xpress Pass to the guests listed below. When this information becomes available, we will notify the guest contact below via email. You may then return to print the Xpress Pass at that time.

Just a thought, but have you made final payment?

I don't think it will print an Xpress pass until all payments are finalized.

Mari

Having just read the press release provided by the OP, it appears this service is only available on the Zenith for now, and they hope to extend the service to the rest of the fleet by the end of September.

The service is available on the Millennium for our cruise 14 August. I just completed my documentation, a breeze. I don't of course know if it will speed things up at check in yest, although from what I read that should only take a couple of minutes.

I wonder if they will have a seperate line for people with completed documentation?

Having just read the press release provided by the OP, it appears this service is only available on the Zenith for now, and they hope to extend the service to the rest of the fleet by the end of September.

It's also available for other ships. I'm holding in my hand my Xpress Pass for my Infinity cruise in September...

Now we just need a report from someone who's used one to let us know if it does, indeed, save time.

I tried to go the express check-in for our Sept. Constellation cruise and the option isn't there. When I go to onboard documentation, (online check-in) all I can get to is the documention I filled out several months ago. ( the old documentation). Does anyone know how to get this revised for the new check-in. If I go to our cruise in 07, the new check-in is there.......

Barbara

We're on the Zenith oct. 1-8. waiting for the e-mail to say the xpress pass is ready. Does anyone know if it'll be just one for my husband & me or will it be one per reservation #?

and no special line til CC!

I do my online docs immediately when I book the cruise. The new system has much of it already typed in for me which I like. Many folks have meailed me stating they don't for them. In the early days,m we'd have to wait behidn folks with pens filling out all paperwork. No special area for them to go to do the work so others could check in. I print out my docs just in case. Since CC category, which they have all room keys printed out, just need credit card & signatures. And we are boarding!

The service is available on the Millennium for our cruise 14 August. I just completed my documentation, a breeze. I don't of course know if it will speed things up at check in yest, although from what I read that should only take a couple of minutes.

I wonder if they will have a seperate line for people with completed documentation?

It's also available for other ships. I'm holding in my hand my Xpress Pass for my Infinity cruise in September...

Now we just need a report from someone who's used one to let us know if it does, indeed, save time.

What September sailing on the Infinity are you on?

I´m on the 09/15 Infinity sailing. If you are on this one too, come over and join our Roll call.

who I phoned for he heck of it after I go on the area & it states I have completed my online doc. Then it tells me to goto contract but I can't. I states to click on thw ords & nothing works.

Per TA: cannot do it after after final payment is made. SO our Nov 20th cruise isn't there yet til after 9/20. Then I can print it out.

Regarding your signature...your cruise history may be long but I would bet it's definitely NOT boring. :)

What September sailing on the Infinity are you on?

I´m on the 09/15 Infinity sailing. If you are on this one too, come over and join our Roll call.

We're on the one before you. We'll try to leave the ship in one piece for you, but there's a good-sized CC crowd on board :rolleyes:

We're on the Zenith oct. 1-8. waiting for the e-mail to say the xpress pass is ready. Does anyone know if it'll be just one for my husband & me or will it be one per reservation #?

Your choice. YOu'll be preented with a list of those on your res. # as well as a place to link other res. #'s ....

Archived