Finding it impossible to contact Celebrity regarding payment error

sydneybound

Hi

I booked a SS for next September yesterday.

Upon completion of the booking i noticed that instead of taking $500 deposit Celebrity have charged the full $7000 to my credit card.

I checked with my bank and also on the booking (online) and both confirmed this.

I called Celebrity last night and was not answered for more than 1 hour before i disconnected.

I have called again this morning and I am in the same loop , so far 48 mins.

Does anyone have a direct number please?

They are refunding the $6500 dollars that was mistakenly collected.

However it will take 3 or 4 days and will be in $1000 increments!

All a bit strange but i guess it will get sorted out .

My first cruise on Celebrity for 15 years , so far I have to say that I am not best pleased.

Lets hope service improves from here..

Funny that this post jumped out at me because I was just getting ready to start a thread titled "Finding it impossible to pay!", I have been trying for a week and a half to make my final payment!

Tried online numerous times, tried calling main number, captains club number and our personal celebrity agents number!

Left messages, no one has called us back.

The only thing I haven't done is "hold" for the estimated 89 minute wait time that it keeps saying! Day after day...

I keep looking to be sure my reservation is still there because it is outside of the 60 days! We sail on 4/12!

I really don't know what to do! I quite frankly just have not had time to hold that long but I may need to this afternoon!

BTW, when I go to pay online it seems as if all is fine and then once I click what appears to be the final click it says page not found.

I noticed it was originally due on 1/26 but hadn't looked online and I guess I thought they'd send me a bill like the old days! So I actually didn't start trying until about the 3rd of Feb.

What an odd situation to be in: "PLease take my Money!"

Any advice from anyone, and sorry to take this thread over, didn't realize I was still typing on your thread:)

You folks are just making a good case for using a large online Cruise Agency. We avoid using cruise line sites to book (with a few exceptions) and instead work through a few online agencies (usually by just clicking our mouse). If we need customer service it is normally a quick toll free call (have never been on hold more then 30 seconds) or we can fire off a quick e-mail which is usually answered within the hour.

My few experiences dealing direct with Celebrity have not been positive. On one occasion we called X to ask a question about Aqua Class/Blu and were transferred to an RCI rep. On another occasion we decided to let Celebrity handle our one-way air arrangements (coming back from Europe) only to have them book us air that would have us departing Rome on a day while our cruise was still out in the Atlantic. And then, when we called them about the error they at first tried to blame us (until they realized they had chosen the flights and dates). That cruise air experience had us spending more then 2 hours on the phone with more then 5 phone calls. (the air was finally resolved (after 3 days) with Celebrity reluctantly agreeing to pay the extra $200 in change fees (due to their own error)).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Funny that this post jumped out at me because I was just getting ready to start a thread titled "Finding it impossible to pay!", I have been trying for a week and a half to make my final payment!

Tried online numerous times, tried calling main number, captains club number and our personal celebrity agents number!

Left messages, no one has called us back.

The only thing I haven't done is "hold" for the estimated 89 minute wait time that it keeps saying! Day after day...

I keep looking to be sure my reservation is still there because it is outside of the 60 days! We sail on 4/12!

I really don't know what to do! I quite frankly just have not had time to hold that long but I may need to this afternoon!

BTW, when I go to pay online it seems as if all is fine and then once I click what appears to be the final click it says page not found.

I noticed it was originally due on 1/26 but hadn't looked online and I guess I thought they'd send me a bill like the old days! So I actually didn't start trying until about the 3rd of Feb.

What an odd situation to be in: "PLease take my Money!"

Any advice from anyone, and sorry to take this thread over, didn't realize I was still typing on your thread:)

This may be a long shot but : Make certain you havent actually been charged . When i made my payment last night (should have been $500 but they took $7000) i got a message saying payment hadnt gone through and asking me to try again. When i (fortunately) checked my account on my booking lo and behold i found that i had been charged 7K. Good job i didnt pay it twice!

You folks are just making a good case for using a large online Cruise Agency. We avoid using cruise line sites to book (with a few exceptions) and instead work through a few online agencies (usually by just clicking our mouse). If we need customer service it is normally a quick toll free call (have never been on hold more then 30 seconds) or we can fire off a quick e-mail which is usually answered within the hour.

My few experiences dealing direct with Celebrity have not been positive. On one occasion we called X to ask a question about Aqua Class/Blu and were transferred to an RCI rep. On another occasion we decided to let Celebrity handle our one-way air arrangements (coming back from Europe) only to have them book us air that would have us departing Rome on a day while our cruise was still out in the Atlantic. And then, when we called them about the error they at first tried to blame us (until they realized they had chosen the flights and dates). That cruise air experience had us spending more then 2 hours on the phone with more then 5 phone calls. (the air was finally resolved (after 3 days) with Celebrity reluctantly agreeing to pay the extra $200 in change fees (due to their own error)).

Hank

Hank,

I cant disagree. If i ever cruise with X again i think it will be booked via an agency. Funnily enough my previous cruises have been with RCL and the pre cruise service has been fantastic. Calls answered instantly and any problems ironed out immediately.

Maybe X have a big problem.

Edited by sydneybound

I'm guessing most of the phone reps have been deluged with calls regarding people not being able to fly to their destination for a cruise, since most of the midwest and east coast are snowed in. I know my friend at Delta said the call volume they have had in past 3 days has been ENOURMOUS

I would hold off calling Celebrity for a few days unless its an emergency so they can get people booked/rebooked that are trying to get to a cruise