Need The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly on Fantasy

Greysea74

We just did a 7 day on the Fantasy and had a wonderful time in spite of cold weather. Staff was wonderful, ship is in good shape for her age, entertainment so-so. Would sail her again in a heart beat except for having to get to SC from SW FL.

I think that I great deal. 5 days for $928.50, including gratuities, stopping at Nassau and Little Stirup Cay.

It's really relative. For that ship, from that port it might be pretty good (depending upon when). Sailing from Florida is certainly the cheapest option for the cruise itself, but sometimes after you calculate in the other travel expenses it is more... I prefer Caribbean over Bahamas but I'd take Bahamas over staying home!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Check the All Things Fantasy thread. There is a lot of info there.

We just came back from a 5 day January trip on Fantasy and it was great! This ship has the best crew at sea, IMO. As far as your price, like carrieluvsgreg said, it's really relative. There were 3 of us and our final cost was $376/person which included taxes and prepaid gratuities.....but we went to Nassau and Freeport.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

great parts:

Shes clean and pretty. Staff and crew are wonderful. Smaller ship, less people and crowds to deal with.

Bad:

Not a lot of entertainment after 9 or 10 pm, buffets close early and food selection limited, food not as good as other ships ive been on.

Nothing really "ugly", and that was only one cruise, and one persons experience. I WOULD sail her again.

:) The Good:

Carnival Fantasy goes out of Charleston which is a convenient 2 hour drive for us.

Fantasy offers 7 night cruises from time to time. We are booked for 7 nights on May 31, 2014 gong to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, & Nassau. Not bad ports for the warm weather the first week of June.

:( The Bad:

There are no regular balcony cabins ... a suite must be booked.

To get a cabin with a balcony in a location we want, we have to book a "Grand Suite".

There is no Specialty Restaurant so hate that not being a option.

Bottom Line: It's close, we've done it before, rather know what to and not to expect and plan to have a great cruise. Things are what they are! :D

LuLu

~~~

We just did a 7 day on the Fantasy and had a wonderful time in spite of cold weather. Staff was wonderful, ship is in good shape for her age, entertainment so-so. Would sail her again in a heart beat except for having to get to SC from SW FL.

We leave on her this Friday. How cold was it leaving Charleston, and how long into the trip before it got warm enough for the pool and hot tub?

We leave on her this Friday. How cold was it leaving Charleston, and how long into the trip before it got warm enough for the pool and hot tub?

Fortunately, you're leaving this Friday rather than last Friday when that Cold Front had passed through in it was very cold.

This Friday is actually suppose to be quite warm in Charleston ... in the 70's. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Just got off of the Fantasy yesterday. I would NOT sail her again and it is debatable if I will ever sail Carnival again. The food- awful. Actual chopped up hot dogs on the breakfast buffet one morning passing for sausages. Dining room food- the "gourmet" burger is your best bet. Their version of "steak" is like dog food. Lazy, incompetent room steward and wait staff- was actually told they were completely out of pina coladas by a waiter at Half Moon while the bartender next to my waiter was making a pitcher- and continued to make more. Dining room waiters (were were in Celebration) could not have cared less if the food was warm, correctly presented or if our orders were correct. Screaming children in both hot tubs, the pool itself looked like outtakes from the people of wal-mart website. Rooms are comfortable. Shorty the cruise director is full of herself and highly annoying. Shows (especially motown) were excellent.

Edited by SOUTHERNBELLA

I have never sailed her, but have sailed one of her sister ships (Elation) and absolutely loved it. The Elation is still one of our best cruises. We are booked on the Fantasy for this New Year's and are really looking forward to it. I know we will have an awesome cruise!!! I can't wait!!!

Just got off of the Fantasy yesterday. I would NOT sail her again and it is debatable if I will ever sail Carnival again. The food- awful. Actual chopped up hot dogs on the breakfast buffet one morning passing for sausages. Dining room food- the "gourmet" burger is your best bet. Their version of "steak" is like dog food. Lazy, incompetent room steward and wait staff- was actually told they were completely out of pina coladas by a waiter at Half Moon while the bartender next to my waiter was making a pitcher- and continued to make more. Dining room waiters (were were in Celebration) could not have cared less if the food was warm, correctly presented or if our orders were correct. Screaming children in both hot tubs, the pool itself looked like outtakes from the people of wal-mart website. Rooms are comfortable. Shorty the cruise director is full of herself and highly annoying. Shows (especially motown) were excellent.

This seems to go against hundreds of other reviews..... I think I will look forward to our cruise with the masses of positive reviews!! :D

Well, I guess everyone has their own opinion.... We have sailed the Fantasy several times,and loved it. There wil always be small things not to your liking..on every vacation..everywhere. Maybe a good attitude

is needed to have a happy cruise. There are always land vacations,which could be more private, or other cruise lines that may be more to some folks liking.

For us and our family, we will enjoy our vacation cruises on the Fantasy,and will ignore small stuff that happens..even crying kids,tipsy

cruisers,happy people,angry people,,,whatever....smile at an angry person..you might make their day.:D:):D

I sailed the Fantasy with my friends a few years ago and at the time I was really disappointed in the size. I really like the bigger ships. But now that some time has passed I think I was harsh in judging her negatively for that.

It seems it was less crowded, less lines. And we were able to get lounge chairs near the hot tubs every day! I thought the food was awesome and our waiters were very attentive.

The room steward could have been friendlier which is unusual for Carnival; I don't think I ever saw him and they usually go out of their way to make sure you are happy and know who they are. We didn't have any problems with him, just never met him. I guess we were busy enjoying our cruise when he was cleaning.

All in all it was a great cruise! I have been thinking I would never sail Fantasy class ships again but I think I should give them another chance. After all we had a great time and maybe size doesn't matter! haha

I have cruised her several times and enjoyed it. The smaller ships don't have as much to do perhaps but you also don't have the large masses of guest. So you just have to decide what you prefer. We booked for a May 6 cruise since it's only a 2 hr drive and our family received 3 free cabin offers. So we are taking 8 family members on the 5 night for about $600. Couldn't pass that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are 3 picture heavy reviews linked in my signature below if you are interested.

We love Fantasy and will be sailing on her again in May to Little Stirrup Cay and Nassau.

I sent you a friend request in hopes of being able to send you a private message. I have a question for you based on your Fantasy review that I felt was best not put in the thread. We are leaving on her Friday, and "prefer our own mixing." I saw that you had good luck this time, but bad luck in March. Any way to message me on here or not?

I sent you a friend request in hopes of being able to send you a private message. I have a question for you based on your Fantasy review that I felt was best not put in the thread. We are leaving on her Friday, and "prefer our own mixing." I saw that you had good luck this time, but bad luck in March. Any way to message me on here or not?

Hmmm. Are you a member of that social networking site that we aren't allowed to mention here? You could friend me there. (Nancy Follin Infinger)

They don't have the option of private messages here on CC.

Hmmm. Are you a member of that social networking site that we aren't allowed to mention here? You could friend me there. (Nancy Follin Infinger)

They don't have the option of private messages here on CC.

Message sent on unspoken site. :D