Drive to Port Everglades

pna

We will be driving to the port to leave on our Celebrity cruise. I thought I read somewhere you should just drive up to the appropriate pier area , check your luggage with a porter, then park. Anyone know if this is correct. Not sure how all that works when your drive. Input would be great. Makes me nervous just handing our luggage off. Can or should you take it into the teminal yourself?

We will be driving to the port to leave on our Celebrity cruise. I thought I read somewhere you should just drive up to the appropriate pier area , check your luggage with a porter, then park. Anyone know if this is correct. Not sure how all that works when your drive. Input would be great. Makes me nervous just handing our luggage off. Can or should you take it into the teminal yourself?

I did it last month, you pull up to your pier and will be directed exactly where to go. You turn over your luggage to the porters who put it in the cart to go the ship. Very simple, no leaving them on the pier,. You are then directed to the garage. If you want to take it inside the building you will have to take it on the ship yourself.

Edited by dkjretired

You don't want to take your luggage into the terminal. Doing so means you will be lugging it all onto the ship by yourself.

Yes. Check your bags at the curb with one of the porters, then go park your car (if you are parking at the port). Make sure to keep your carry-ons with you. It is really a "painless" experience! :)

We have happily used the pier parking for a number of cruises leaving from Ft Lauderdale. Here are a few tips:

1. When you drive up to the port gate, you have to show the guard photo ids and your boarding passes. Have these items handy.

2. Any baggage you bring onto the ship has to fit through the scanner machine in the cruise terminal and you have to lift it up to the scanner yourself. Easiest to give larger suitcases to the fellows collecting bags outside at curbside.

3. You do not have to tip the men taking your bags. Most of them don't help get the bags out of your car and only take bags from your hand to the bin a few feet away. Sometimes, some of these men "hint" broadly for a tip, but they are paid by the cruise line and actually touch your bags for less then 60 seconds. They have nothing to do with delivering the bags to your cabin.

4. Write down your parking location!

5. You can pay with a credit card when you return from your cruise and leave the parking structure. Parking costs $15 a day. It is very convenient.

Have a great cruise!

We have happily used the pier parking for a number of cruises leaving from Ft Lauderdale. Here are a few tips:

1. When you drive up to the port gate, you have to show the guard photo ids and your boarding passes. Have these items handy.

2. Any baggage you bring onto the ship has to fit through the scanner machine in the cruise terminal and you have to lift it up to the scanner yourself. Easiest to give larger suitcases to the fellows collecting bags outside at curbside.

3. You do not have to tip the men taking your bags. Most of them don't help get the bags out of your car and only take bags from your hand to the bin a few feet away. Sometimes, some of these men "hint" broadly for a tip, but they are paid by the cruise line and actually touch your bags for less then 60 seconds. They have nothing to do with delivering the bags to your cabin.

4. Write down your parking location!

5. You can pay with a credit card when you return from your cruise and leave the parking structure. Parking costs $15 a day. It is very convenient.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the great information. How much time would you think reasonable to allow for all of the above?