Maasdam check out recent reviews

July_Cruiser

I do not doubt any recent reports of Maasdam problems because many of the posters are very seasoned HAL cruisers. However, I have to say that 10 years ago was our first HAL cruise and it was on the Maasdam. All reports on CC Boards at that time assured me that our trip was going to be a disaster just waiting to happen. What happened was we sailed our 11-day cruise and noticed nothing wrong. We had no A/C issues, our toilet worked, everyone smiled, the food was lovely, and the ship did not fall apart during our trip. And to think I wanted to cancel and just forget the whole thing.

It's an interesting cycle that seems to happen with HAL ships. We have our second Zuiderdam cruise coming up. I'm hoping her problems (again, as reported by experienced HAL cruisers) are corrected and we find that ship doing well now.

Edited by Linda&Vern

I've never been on the Maasdam, but I do remember the days when members here posted really positive reviews, which were a pleasure to read. And not so long ago, either. Such a shame.

Personal experience says that as recently as last June, the Maasdam was in fine order.

If it can turn around so badly in such a short period of time, I have to hope she can make the opposite turn quickly, too.