Where to stay near Port Everglades on the beach?

luv2gonow

If you want to be 'on' the beach, check out the Lago Mar. It's an absolute wonderful resort that has everything you could need. The rooms are not cheap but for what you get, it's totally worth it. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite last year for $250 per night and that included breakfast as well. They do not charge extra for say a party of 4. The parking is free as well as the wifi. The have 3 or 4 onsite restaurants. We had dinner at the one by the pool and the food was plentiful and the price was reasonable. I highly recommend this resort if you truly want to be 'on the beach'. Most every other hotel/resort is across the street except for the Lago Mar and the Harbor Beach Mariott resort. I have not stayed at the Marriott so I can't comment on that resort. I'm also strictly speaking about the south end of the beach. We have not stayed on the northern end just to clarify. Be sure to do your homework no matter where you stay. Go to tripadvisor and read at least the first 10-15 reviews. This should give you a good idea of the hotel/resort.

Have fun planning!

:p

If you want to be 'on' the beach, check out the Lago Mar.

Have fun planning!

:p

I've been looking at the LM and it looks fantastic. My only issue is that we won't have a vehicle. How easy is it to get around from LM? Water taxi, Sun Trolley, etc? Do they have any type of transportation? Shuttles?

Hi,

I'm excited for my 1st RCCL cruise. Was looking at Bahia Mar resort.

Any ideas for a pre cruise stay on the beach not to far from port.

Thanks

Kerri

Bahia Mar is a reasonable beach hotel. It has a walkway right over to the beach area across the street. The tower rooms are the nicest for view and size. Either full ocean or part ocean views (facing south) are great. Great location on the trolley line, water taxi stop within a block or so, restaurants in walking distance etc. Very close to port. Lago Mar is a very nice resort but pretty much all to itself. Not the best choice and value if you want to see and walk the Ft. L area in my opinion.

Edited by eandj

The Lago Mar is on the south end of Fort Lauderdale beach. It honestly feels like you are in an entirely different county than let's say the strip which is quite busy most of the time day or night. The strip is only about 3 miles from the LM but one would never know when they are staying there. It's so quiet, serene, and beautiful. We walked out to the end on Saturday and watched the Oasis and another ship leave the port. It was so much fun! I did not see any shuttles there. They also arranged our transportation (2 vans) to the ship on Sunday morning. I believe it was $6-7 per person. They were right on time for our group.

We took a cab from the LM to the strip on our Saturday evening. It didn't cost much for the 4 of us. (at a rough guess $15-18 with a tip one way?) The LM will get a cab for you. You can call down ahead to the desk or just arrive at the desk and one will be there shortly. The staff are impeccable at this resort. I honestly can't say enough good about them. This place was a 10 out of 10 for all of us.

A little farther away, but literally right on the beach is the Marriott on Hollywood Beach. Taxi cost should be about 25-30 from the port depending on traffic. There is a ton of small mom and pop places to eat as well as the Marriott itself. Hollywood Beach is a little quieter and but lovely.