Serenity - Is there a cost?

HSavage48

It's free unless you want to buy drinks from the bar that is conveniently located right near one of the hot tubs. Lol. On the glory-type ships it is located on a higher forward deck and on the smaller ships it is smaller and located right behind the comedy lounge at the very back of the ship. The smaller ones only have two hot tubs and a bunch of deck chairs that can give you plenty of shade or can put you right in the sun. Easy access from the lido decks and buffet lines on either one as long as you have no problems climbing a few stairs. Good relaxing views from the hot tubs in either type of serenity setting. This is one of the things carnival has actually improved in the last 5 years.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

Great spot to relax. Get there early if you want good chair(s)/location. The attendant will not enforce empty "reserved" chairs unless you request him to. If you ask he will tag each unoccupied chair with personal effects and start the clock and give the parties 45 minutes to return or remove personal effects.

Who would charge for a place to relax on a cruise. Of course it's free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

On the Royal Princess it's $40 a day for a reserved lounger. On the other Princess ships there is a fee, but slight confusion as to how much. Even with the fee it's very popular on Caribbean cruises.

To get a good spot on a sea day get up there early. On the Magic on the first sea day I was up there at 6:30 and had my choice, the next day I was up there at 6 AM and several people had beaten up there.

On the Freedom I went up early on day to find a couple sound asleep in one of the round loungers with pillows and a comforter from their bed. They had spent the night (I got a deck attendant to wake them up and he made them take the bed clothes back to the cabin).

To get a good spot on a sea day get up there early. On the Magic on the first sea day I was up there at 6:30 and had my choice, the next day I was up there at 6 AM and several people had beaten up there.

On the Freedom I went up early on day to find a couple sound asleep in one of the round loungers with pillows and a comforter from their bed. They had spent the night (I got a deck attendant to wake them up and he made them take the bed clothes back to the cabin).

OMG! How funny (and slightly pathetic) is that?!!:eek::D:D:D

Well, they are trying to make people pay for everything else onboard, so it's only a matter of time until they start charging for the use of the serenity areas. I didn't even know princess charges for theirs. One has to figure carnival makes lots of $$$ from drink sales at serenity so letting people come and go at no charge probably makes them more money in the long run just based on volume.

Anyway, I don't usually venture into there during the day as there is plenty else to do during the day onboard but after 6 pm it slows down a lot. I like to relax in the hot tub and rest my muscles more than anything and if I meet people in the process that's just a bonus. I usually bring a soda or something to the hot tub and I rarely purchase bar drinks when chilling out at serenity.

I would be seriously tempted to just move whatever was left on a deck chair if I see that the occupants of said chairs hadn't been there in a while. That'll learn em. There are rules about reserving deck chairs and if carnival staff won't enforce them, the pax have to police themselves. Taking a chair for an extended period of time and not using it is just ignorant and I would never even think of doing such a thing.