Two entrees in murano??? On the silhouette

poolwife

We are sailing on the Silhouette in 2 weeks and I was wondering -

If eating in Murano are you allowed to order 2 entrees like you can in the MDR?

I really want to try it out, but my husband tried doing that on the Constellation in 2006 and they gave him a huge hard time about it. His second entree came out when we were getting dessert, etc. It was a fiasco. I want to try Murano this trip because I have heard so many great reviews about it, but I want to know if he can order whatever he wants off the menu.

Thanks for your help.

I really want to try it out, but my husband tried doing that on the Constellation in 2006 and they gave him a huge hard time about it. His second entree came out when we were getting dessert, etc. It was a fiasco. I want to try Murano this trip because I have heard so many great reviews about it, but I want to know if he can order whatever he wants off the menu.

Thanks for your help.

I've never had the inclination or nerve to do that, so I have no first hand knowledge, but I think others have indicated that is frowned upon, though getting a second dessert seems possible, if I recall correctly. But why stop at two?

Edited by BosoxI

Well, in the MDR my husband has ordered surf and turf many times or a pasta dish for the table to share, etc. It has never been frowned upon in the MDR.

When in the specialty restaurant on the Constellation in 2006, he couldn't understand why he could do it in the MDR and they raised such a fuss in the specialty restaurant where he paid extra. Plus, the service was very slow.

But, now I read everything great about Murano and I just don't want him to be upset he can't order what he wants and how much he wants when he is paying $45.00 extra per person.

I'm on Equinox right now and asked your question in Murano, and the answer is an emphatic NO. They do not serve two entrees to anyone on any Celebrity ship. And to be honest, the portions are huge, and a vast majority would never be able to handle two entrees.

Thanks so much for the tip. Do you think the MDR is fine to just stick with there OR is Murano certainly something we don't want to miss out n? Did you get offered any 2 for 1 price deals after you were on the ship like I have heard here on CC?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, to get an appetizer, a main course, and a dessert in the best restaurant in my town will cost lots more than $45, and I'd never demand two entrees :) Better to stay in the MDR and save your husband the angst. Celebrity's MDR food is pretty good, as I'm sure you know

We tried Qsine on the Millenium and both the 2 of us and the other couple we were travelling with found it was not for us. In our opinion, it was not worth the price and it was just not for us.

We have not tried Tuscan Grill, however, and I have read a lot of good about it also just like Murano. Looking at the menus, Murano is probably more to our liking.

Glad to hear the portions are Huge. My husband just was not understanding why he could get whatever he wanted in the MDR and not in a restaurant he paid extra for.

I will tell him what you all said and let him make the decision.

Thank you.

Glad to hear the portions are Huge. My husband just was not understanding why he could get whatever he wanted in the MDR and not in a restaurant he paid extra for.

Remember "HUGE" is relative. While I typically don't leave Murano hungry, personally I would never use that word to describe the portion sizes.

Mike

I agree. Murano fashions itself as a french restaurant, which typically have small portions. Our last meal there was a small amount of lobster prepared tableside (and tough and tasteless ) and certainly was not huge by any definition.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I didn't know he would be unhappy with Murano's until I asked these questions. Wanted to know if things were any different from 2006.

How are the steaks in Murano?

Sounds like the consensus is that he should stick with the MDR.

While on the Equinox last year, we ate twice in Murano, and both times ordered an extra entree to share. The couple traveling with us did likewise. The waiters did not object, or say anything, even as we wobbled out. I recall the waiters did mention something about only being able to serve one table side entree at a time.

I didn't know he would be unhappy with Murano's until I asked these questions. Wanted to know if things were any different from 2006.

How are the steaks in Murano?

Sounds like the consensus is that he should stick with the MDR.

Murano is not really a steak restaurant. They usually have one steak dish and it's a tenderloin preparation. Tuscan Grill is more of a steakhouse type restaurant.

We were on Reflection and had a reservation in Murano. A couple days ahead of time, we requested from the Maitre'd to fix us Steak Diane.

When we arrived and ordered, we requested to have the Lobster Murano as an appetizer along with our Steak Diane. Instead, we had an appetizer from the menu, and they fixed the Lobster Murano/Steak Diane tableside for our main course. It was wonderful!!! The Lobster Murano, 2 lobsters, were split between the 4 of us.

I think the experience in Murano varies from ship to ship/maitre'd to maitre'd. Sometimes greasing the palm helps.

Murano has steak and fish, but it's a "fancy" restaurant and the food is rich like you'd find in a fine French restaurant. It's very refined and sometimes a bit pretentious. Did I mention the food is rich? If the portions aren't huge they're very filling - I couldn't finish my petite filet mignon after the cheese soufflé and the rich salad. There is so much food available on a cruise ship 24/7 that I can't imagine you'd leave Murano feeling like you didn't have enough to eat. There are rich desserts, and even after THAT they bring a tray full of sweets - like an entire box of chocolates. We always ask them to wrap those chocolates up for us and we take them to our room to enjoy the rest of the cruise. Often they've added a few more to the batch! Honestly I try to order one less course there and ask them to cook my entree in less butter, etc. They'll do custom dishes to a point - like the Steak Diane - or even subbing some basic broccoli for a fancier mixed veggie side <------I do this all the time in every venue and in 11 Celebrity cruises have never had a problem.

I just think in a venue like Murano it seems kind of odd to be ordering extra dishes, it's just not really the venue for that although it seems like some do. You won't need it, really, trust me.

I guess I misunderstood . I thought Muranos was more a steak and seafood type restaurant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In my opinion if you want steak- go to Tuscan Grill. The filet is absolutely wonderful. Start with steak tartar, buffalo mozzarella. French onion soup and the filet--a menu to die for.

Thanks for your help.

Generally people go to the Murano for quality and not quantity.