Two entrees in murano??? On the silhouette

poolwife

We were on Reflection and had a reservation in Murano. A couple days ahead of time, we requested from the Maitre'd to fix us Steak Diane.

I think the experience in Murano varies from ship to ship/maitre'd to maitre'd. Sometimes greasing the palm helps.

We first started cruising Celebrity during the "Michel Roux" era, and while I firmly believe that those who tip well are also well rewarded in service, staff who were trained during the Michel Roux time period are also much more willing to prepare dishes such as Steak Diane. We also have had maitre d's who were trained during his era willing to prepare Lamb en croute, which as Steak Diane, was readily available during the Roux era.

Glad to hear the portions are Huge. My husband just was not understanding why he could get whatever he wanted in the MDR and not in a restaurant he paid extra for.
In the MDR the food is prepared en masse, banquet style and pre-plated.

In Murano it is prepared to order. Even though the regular policy is one entree per person for the fixed price meal, sometimes they will prepare something special for you at no extra charge.

At the specialty restaurants on the ships, we sometimes order two different entrees and share them when we both want to try two different things.

If your husband has not already taken the ship's galley tour, that is something he may find interesting.

I think it helps to give anyone who takes that tour a better understanding of how the food for the MDR is prepared assembly-line style, so it is no problem for a waiter to pick up one or two more dishes of whatever someone wants.

I still remember how I gasped in shock the first time I went to Morton's and saw a $17 price on the menu just for asparagus. :)

I sure wish I would have opened this thread before I started the one on tableside Steak Diane! I didn't realize there'd be some info in here on it.

I've never ordered two entrees on a cruise before. Another cruise line that I've been on has stuffed mushrooms to die for so I would always skip the soup or salad course and get two orders of mushrooms the night that they offered it.

I will say that on my cruise with Celebrity last year one of the gentlemen at my table ordered 2 entrees several of the nights. I can see how this is more permissible in the MDR than it is in a specialty.