Very tight budget

CRUSINGFAMILY

Hi all

We have been to St. Lucia before and done the major highlights (Pitons, Souffriere). We would like to perhaps rent a jet ski at a nearby beach, or any interesting, not too expensive things to do. Budget $50 or less per person.

A few years ago we went to a beach where a man came by in a boat and served fresh fruits (bananas, coconuts etc) by swimming up to his boat. We think that was Rodney beach. How much is a taxi out there?

Thanks

Hi all

We have been to St. Lucia before and done the major highlights (Pitons, Souffriere). We would like to perhaps rent a jet ski at a nearby beach, or any interesting, not too expensive things to do. Budget $50 or less per person.

A few years ago we went to a beach where a man came by in a boat and served fresh fruits (bananas, coconuts etc) by swimming up to his boat. We think that was Rodney beach. How much is a taxi out there?

Thanks

you could consider Pigeon Island. It is about 30 minutes north of the cruise port ( a little further than Rodney Bay). the national park has some hiking, ruins to wander through, lovely local restaurant, pretty beach, park, etc. Could be a great way to spend the day. Taxi would be about $35US one way - or consider Serenity TVL's day tour, which includes transport, drinks cooler, and chairs.

Or Rodney Bay, with Reduit Beach, which is the tourist hub of the island - long stretch of beach (this is where you saw the fruit boat man), watersports for hire, chairs/umbrellas for rent, some restaurants and bars around, etc. Taxi will be about $30US one way. About 25 minutes or so ride from the ports.

Enjoy your visit.

you could consider Pigeon Island. It is about 30 minutes north of the cruise port ( a little further than Rodney Bay). the national park has some hiking, ruins to wander through, lovely local restaurant, pretty beach, park, etc. Could be a great way to spend the day. Taxi would be about $35US one way - or consider Serenity TVL's day tour, which includes transport, drinks cooler, and chairs.

Or Rodney Bay, with Reduit Beach, which is the tourist hub of the island - long stretch of beach (this is where you saw the fruit boat man), watersports for hire, chairs/umbrellas for rent, some restaurants and bars around, etc. Taxi will be about $30US one way. About 25 minutes or so ride from the ports.

Enjoy your visit.

Thank you! I had done some researching and we were considering this! Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Tight budget is my middle name... just back from St. Lucia with my family of four.....Rodney/Reduit is a zoo .. very busy and crowded, nice beach but it is where everyone goes.....I took my family to Pigeon for the third time.... great time had by all......I have been to st lucia about a dozen times over the years... Pigeon Island is wonderful. I have additional information (A book i wrote) that could save you some money getting to/from Pigeon and other Southern Caribbean islands but if I post a link to them my message is called spam.

All i can tell you is that you can do pigeon for a heck of lot less than $50 per person before jet skiis... much closer to $18.50 per person for rt taxi, admission to pigeon and two beach chairs

Best,

Michael L

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently booked for the daypasses at Rendezvous my group has grown to 14 from 10 and the resort has reached the limit. How do you think Pigeon Island would be instead? What kind of restaurant is there and do they serve alcohol? If so, what kind of drink prices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pigeon Island is wonderful... You are probably paying $46 per person+ for a half a day at Rendezvous. Pigeon island costs $6 per person, and around $5 for two lounge chairs... you pay for drinks, food....it is not an all inclusive like Rendezvous... it is a famous St. lucian Park with two amazing mountains to climb with the caribbean on one side and the rough and tumble Atlantic ocean on the other side.

What do you want to do and how much do you want to spend... then I could give you a better response.

Rendezvous sounded perfect and I do have 5 couples confirmed. They did say I could contact closer to time to see if anymore spaces free up. Is there anyplace else similar? I just googled and saw Smugglers Cove. Not sure how close it is to the pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk