The Bridge, did we sail under it?

iadom

My wife is a big fan of the Nordic crime TV programme The Bridge. We sailed on the Eclipse last year on a Baltic cruise. Did we sail under 'The Bridge' on our way out of the Baltic?

I'm guessing it was very late at night or in the wee small hours but SWMBO insists we didn't sail under it.

Answering my own question here.;)

I have just had a look at Google Earth and it appears as though the western end of this highway disappears into a tunnel, so we may have sailed over it.:cool:

We did it during a Baltic cruise on the Constellation in August 2012.

It was around midnight and the Captain announced it well in advance when we would pass under the bridge. Many passengers were on the top deck to watch it; very impressive!

The bridge in the TV series is not that one, it runs between Malmo and an artificial island near to Copenhagen. The last couple of miles from the island to Denmark the highway/railway runs through a tunnel. As we docked in Copenhagen on our way home I don't think we would have gone under the Great Belt bridge on the way home, may have done on the way out from Bruges to Stockholm though.

It is THIS one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by iadom