pre-booking excursions when I have an OBC

kingstonKouple72

Zaandam to Alaska in July...

We have two cabins, each with a $300 OBC.

We want to book the White Pass Rail excursion.. which is on sale until the end of February (not a huge amount.. but between 4 people it is close to $100....). If I book now.. must I pay for it or can I use my OBC to cover it?

Thanks

We want to book the White Pass Rail excursion.. which is on sale until the end of February (not a huge amount.. but between 4 people it is close to $100....). If I book now.. must I pay for it or can I use my OBC to cover it?

Thanks

If you book it now, you will need to pay for it by credit card. You can't charge anything to your obc until you are onboard.

Don't worry, you won't have any problem spending that obc between the hotel service charge, sundry stuff, drinks, whatever or other excursions once you are on board.

Thanks

Your credit card will be charged when you book it. It is popular so don't wait. The Hotel Service Charge will take a big chunk of your OBC.

Don't worry about the OBC going to waste. :)

Thanks

To simply answer your question... The on board credit is for on board purchases. Yes, you have to pay cash / credit if you book the excursion prior to the cruise. Have fun!

You mentioned that if you book the excursion now -- you will save some money. I would certainly take advantage of that -- JMO.

Some tours sell out quickly. I know one year when we did the Alaskan cruise, the train in Skagway and the Wildlife tour in Sitka were sold out before the cruise even left.

If there are 2 people in each cabin, the Hotel Service Charge will use up $161 of that $300 per cabin. Not knowing how you got the shipboard credit, but if it came from your TA, any amount left at the end of the cruise will go back on your credit card.