Cabin refrigerators on Dream?

g194life

So no ice cold beverages without using ice. Thats ok, atleast we will be cruising!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

If you bring a small cooler (like one for a 6-pack) you could get the cabin steward to bring ice for you to cool down your drinks. Just a thought.

Cheers!

If you bring a small cooler (like one for a 6-pack) you could get the cabin steward to bring ice for you to cool down your drinks. Just a thought.

Cheers!

You can carry on a cooler but the size on that is limited to 12"x12"x12" and they are reported to be strict on that size. I plan to carry on my soda/water in a rolling suitcase and packing my smaller cooler to have for use in the room. Just beware of the soft sided coolers, some of them leak. This is the one I bought from Amazon, it is soft sided but has a hard plastic liner that comes out. It is a little too big to carry on but I plan to pack it in my suitcase with my cosmetics/shampoo, etc. in it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006HFBF7E/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Another tip for you, IF you do plan to use the one in the room.

If you can leave the cabinet door open, it will let some of the hot air out of there. It really DOES help keep it a tad bit cooler. Also, being that you are going on a newer ship, once it's emptied, look inside. There is a knob to make it cooler, and they normally don't have it at max coolness:rolleyes:

We also bring a soft sided cooler to keep drinks cool and just have the room steward fill it up twice a day....

Have a great cruise!:D:D

So no ice cold beverages without using ice. Thats ok, atleast we will be cruising!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

That's how it's always been in the past for me, lucky if it were 50 degrees F in there. But on this past Dream cruise 2 weeks ago, the frig actually kept the cans cold. I had brought my small cooler, 6-pack size, and had it out on the counter. So the room steward just kept filling it with ice (which used to never happen), so we used both the frig & the cooler. We would have been perfectly fine with just the frig though, as it did keep the drinks cold, probably around 40 degrees F. It is filled with stuff for purchase, but there was enough room for us to put about 5 cans in there. You can ask the steward to empty it for you, but we didn't. We were in a deluxe oceanview room on Riviera deck.

All cabins on all ships have them.

Only on the ships built starting with the Conquest. None of the Fantasy class except for maybe the suites have them nor did the Destiny, Triumph or Victory. I just read on here yesterday that some of the decks had them added when they changed the Destiny to the Sunshine but not all of them.