Celebrity Cruises - flights booked with them

cruisefreshman

Hi

Myself and my OH are going on a cruise on 22 February 2014 and are flying with flights booked by celebrity.

We are flying with American Airlines, does anyone know what it is like as an airline, e.g. Food onboard, films etc.

We are flying Manchester to JFK then to San Juan.

Thanks

A&A

For an international flight they normally serve a meal and a light snack before landing. .There will be films during the flight.

Be sure that you have seat assignments. Our experience with Choice Air is that they book the flight but do not get seat assignments. If you do not have seats assigned you should have a record locator number; go to http://www.aa.com, put in your record locator number and you can select your seats. You did not say what class ( business, economy) you are flying. The seats on AA in economy have limited leg room and are not large. Many of the planes flying international routes have a 2-5-2 configuration for seats in economy. We try and avoid the 5 seats in the middle. With the 2 together you have a window and aisle and the only person you are rubbing elbows with is your spouse:)

AA service from Man to JFK is 757 aircraft with 3-3 in economy 2-2 in business.

get the locator number and add it to aa.com to get your seats. If you like a bit more room and towards the front of plane then main cabin extra seats are good value. films are shown on overhead monitors not on seatback screens.

The flight time to JFK on average is around 6hrs.50mins.

The flight locator should be on your invoice P3, if you have booked in the Uk it will not be choice air but with X UK.

Enjoy your cruise.

We flew with American twice in 2013 from Manchester. The first time was to New York and the 2nd to Washington DC. Both left on time.

The crew were really friendly and we had our own seatback tvs with a large range of films and music to choose from. They was a large selection of recently released films and you can pause them etc.

Drinks were free and included and the food was typical of any airline with 2 choices. American allow you to pick you seat when you purchase so suggest you get online and pick your seats now. If you can't do it through AA.com then contact celebrity who will give you the flight reference that you need.

AA service from Man to JFK is 757 aircraft with 3-3 in economy 2-2 in business.

get the locator number and add it to aa.com to get your seats. If you like a bit more room and towards the front of plane then main cabin extra seats are good value. films are shown on overhead monitors not on seatback screens.

The flight time to JFK on average is around 6hrs.50mins.

The flight locator should be on your invoice P3, if you have booked in the Uk it will not be choice air but with X UK.

Enjoy your cruise.

We flew AA/BA last March with Celebrity arranging flights and our seat configuration was 3-5-3. We flew from Heathrow to Miami. Meals etc on flight were normal airflight meals in Economy class.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

When we were given an AA flight (not through Celebrity but other cruise company), I couldn't log on with the reference I was given, so I rang AA, and they were very helpful and gave me the reference number in order to log on. Our plane was 2-5-2 config, and when I rang, there were no seats in the 2s available, so they reserved us in other seats. With the ref number they gave me on the phone, I was able to log on and keep an eye on the seat availability, and a couple of weeks before we flew, I noticed two seats had become available and swapped them on-line, with no problem. They also didn't charge for reserving seats which was a bonus.

Our AA flight was excellent and we had good leg room and service. Hope you ejoy your flight and cruise.