How much do you use a balcony on a Spring Transatlantic?

CaribbeanIsland

From FLL To South Hampton our temperatures were very chilly (Cold if your from Florida) after the first few days It depends on what you like and what temperatures you can stand.

I personally don't need to be reminded that there is no land in sight for DAYS! :)

Hope you have a warm coat.:D

I had my winter coat on the Emerald ta, and I'll be bringing one on the next ta. We have 3 stops in Iceland so I'll need it. I've gone out and read in the sun on my balcony wrapped in a duvet. It was a lovely sunny day, but it was quite chilly. It is one of my favorite cruise memories.

I've taken two TA crossings. On the 1st one the weather was so bad we were not allowed on the outside decks for the crossing and told to stay off of the balconies. On the 2nd one it was quite warm and the ocean like glass for the whole trip.

In the end it's a crapshoot.

We use a balcony extensivley regardless whether its Alaska or anywhere else.

We are on it for many hours.

The TA can be fantastic or miserable just like Alaska. We have spent many a miserable day on the balcony in Alaska. Doubt if I would do the same on a TA, but we would still spring for the balcony. :D

Me too. We did the transatlantic, (September) via Iceland and Greenland, and still sat on the balcony reading and listening to my iPod. Just love the fresh air.

I had my winter coat on the Emerald ta, and I'll be bringing one on the next ta. We have 3 stops in Iceland so I'll need it. I've gone out and read in the sun on my balcony wrapped in a duvet. It was a lovely sunny day, but it was quite chilly. It is one of my favorite cruise memories.

Sipping good scotch helps also.:cool:

Edited by Bentley5700