Booze from St. Thomas

2 cruzen

Gourmet Gallery in Havensight also has a good selection. All depends on what you're looking for. I would check both.

Do compare prices as Gourmet Gallery can be pricy.

Kmart is about a 12 minute walk, but has best prices but you will have to lug it back to the ship.

When you fly out of St Thomas you can bring 6 bottles as long as one is made in the US Virgin Islands.

The customs website was confusing to me. It said you could bring 5 but an extra liter if it came from STT...I get the extra bottle has to be a product of STT. But then it went on to say that the 5 liters was more than allowed than if bought on the cruise ship. So I cab bring 6 bottles back but do they ALL have to be bought in STT or can I buy one on the ship and then 5 in STT?

The CBP site (link below) says 5 bottles total if 1 of the 5 was produced in the USVI. This is part of your $1,600 exemption so 4 $1,800 bottles of Louis XIII will still incur tax upon your return.

If you want to buy on board, your max would be 3 liters plus 1 made in the USVI and 1 on board.

If you go over, you'll pay 1.5% duty plus IRS taxes.

Link to CBP site: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/424/~/bringing-alcohol-from-u.s.-insular-possessions-into-the-u.s.-(u.s.-virgin

The CBP site (link below) says 5 bottles total if 1 of the 5 was produced in the USVI. This is part of your $1,600 exemption so 4 $1,800 bottles of Louis XIII will still incur tax upon your return.

If you want to buy on board, your max would be 3 liters plus 1 made in the USVI and 1 on board.

If you go over, you'll pay 1.5% duty plus IRS taxes.

Link to CBP site: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/424/~/bringing-alcohol-from-u.s.-insular-possessions-into-the-u.s.-(u.s.-virgin

Thank you so much for this link and definitive answer. Don't think I need to worry about the exemption...my tastes are cheap! :D.