Barcelona hotel for large family

gkrnjlr

Hello! We are a family of 5 and I am have not had any luck finding a hotel that we could put all of us in one room. The kids are 11, 10 and 7 - so they're not "big kids" that would require a second room.

Can anyone provide me with some recommendations for pre-cruise lodging for 2 nights?

Thank you!

Hello! We are a family of 5 and I am have not had any luck finding a hotel that we could put all of us in one room. The kids are 11, 10 and 7 - so they're not "big kids" that would require a second room.

Can anyone provide me with some recommendations for pre-cruise lodging for 2 nights?

Thank you!

As the above poster said, you would be better off in an apartment for the couple of nights. There's lots around the Barceloneta area which is close to the Port, The Maremagnum shopping centre and Las Ramblas so you'll have lots of choice for food and entertainment.

How bout trying this website ? http://www.housetrip.com/en/rentals/141785?guests=1

It's very handy and I've heard great reviews from people who have used it for apartments in Barcelona.

Good luck.

Edited by Memsy87

We don't mind the idea of an apartment.

Thank you for sharing the link! I will look at that and get more information.

No problem. You'd be better off with the apartment for comfort and space with 5 people milling around.

You will find it very difficult to find a hotel in Europe that fits 5 people. :)

It also depends when you are travelling. Many apartment owners won't want to rent for just 2 nights in high season unless they are commercial serviced apartments.

As already stated it is difficult to find large family rooms in European hotels. However, many hotels do have inter connecting rooms. You need to contact the hotels and ask them.

We stayed at the Hotel LLeo last summer and my stepdaughter, husband and two girls had a HUGE family room. I do not know if it accommodated five, but it definitely had plenty of room for four. The hotel is ideally located near the Plaza Catalunya and Las Ramblas and had a great buffet breakfast (make sure your rate includes it)!and a rooftop pool. I would contact them to see if your familynwould fit in this room!

We are a family of five also and will be in Barcelona this July. I definitely didn't find any hotel rooms that hold more than four people, and even that was rare. I wouldn't try to sneak in a fifth person like many families do, since it is against fire code and will make the management not trust you if you have any problems. I wound up booking two rooms, one that holds three of us (king bed and a sofabed) and a king room for the other two, and I requested that they be as close to each other as possible. My husband and son will go in one room and myself and two daughters in the other. It's a family vacation and I see enough of my husband at home, ha ha :)

We recently (family of 5) went through a similar search and I have a few suggestions:

1. Mentioned above- Apartments Hispanos Suiza 7

This place is run like a hotel (staff on site) but the units are all 2 BR/2BA with kitchen. Units cleaned daily. Located near Sagrada Familia. Gets good reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d231514-Reviews-Apartments_Restaurant_Hispanos_7_Suiza-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

2. For a bit more central location- Apartments Casp 74.

This is also run like a hotel with a staff on site 24/7. Units also cleaned daily. They have 2 BR and 3 BR units that could accommodate you. Some of the 2 BR units have one bathroom (the "Standard") and some have 2 Baths (the "Chic"units).

Walking distance to Plaza Catalunya and Las Ramblas, but far enough away that it's relatively quiet.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187497-d1563910-r193121616-Apartments_Casp74-Barcelona_Catalonia.html#REVIEWS

3. Another centrally located- Apartments Sixty-Four

Right on the Passeig de Gracia. Staff is not on site, but get favorable reviews for responding to needs quickly. So with no staff on site, I don't think the units are cleaned during your stay. Only complaint is that they charge extra for wi-fi. Units appear very nice.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d1956512-Reviews-Apartments_Sixtyfour-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

Hopefully one of these would work for your family! I found them to be more economical than the hotels we were considering, and like the access to kitchen, washer/dryer, etc. Plus, since you have young kids, this is easiest way to have them with you- hard to find adjoining rooms in many hotels.

Edited by austinhoops

We always stay at Citadines Barcelona Ramblas, it is a full service apartment hotel in the middle of the Ramblas, right in front of a large Carrefour supermarket. I always see many families staying there. Good luck!