Reflection vs. MSC Divina - anyone been on both?

kroberst

Hi all, looking at possibly doing a 7 day getaway on either Reflection or Divina as a warm-up for a week in Key West. Looks like it would be the last Caribbean run for Reflection before the transatlantic. I've read reviews of both ships and as you might guess, pros and cons for each. My only Celebrity experience was Equinox which is causing me to lean to Reflection (loved, loved, loved that cruise!)

The Reflection ports would be repeats, Divina would offer 1 new one but the goal of this is to make up for the January Equinox cruise we had to cancel (boo). Mostly would be enjoying the ship's amenities, probably just a little bit of walking around ports but no real intent to "tour".

I'd be interested if anyone has been on both and cares to share some impressions/comparisons of each. TIA!

Kathleen

I haven't sailed Reflection, but I do have 12 days on Silhouette and 13 on Solstice. WE did the US inaugural 3 day on Divina, and granted, 3 days and the first cruise are not representative of the product, but we did enjoy it, she is a lovely ship. We felt they hadn't mastered the check in scenario yet, but maybe that was because there were so many 'special' people on board, TAs and Divine Divas. The menu and buffet was heavy on pizza and pasta, but there were other choices. The salad bar was pretty limited, though. They were working on adjusting their product for the North American market, and did offer ice water from the pitcher in the MDR. We would not hesitate to go again. EM