Cruises out of Houston..how to get from airport...

monakayk

:confused:Just wondered what is the best/cheapest way to get from Hobby airport to the hotels in La Porte, TX...that area nearest to the Bayport cruise terminal. We are staying at the Candlewood Suites in La Porte, TX are about 15-17 miles apart. No way are we going to take a taxi...way to expensive. Looking for suggestions from those who have already cruised out of Houston and what kind of transportation you used to get to your hotel...when the hotel does not provide any---which almost all the hotels in that area do not..as of yet. We will be getting into TX a day before the cruise.

Thanks!

Edited by monakayk

:confused:Just wondered what is the best/cheapest way to get from Hobby airport to the hotels in La Porte, TX...that area nearest to the Bayport cruise terminal. We are staying at the Candlewood Suites in La Porte, TX are about 15-17 miles apart. No way are we going to take a taxi...way to expensive. Looking for suggestions from those who have already cruised out of Houston and what kind of transportation you used to get to your hotel...when the hotel does not provide any---which almost all the hotels in that area do not..as of yet. We will be getting into TX a day before the cruise.

Thanks!

Limo or a car service.

Actually a taxi from HOBBY wont' be that much I would suggest a limo though. If you are going to pay that much that would be the best way. You are looking at about $55-$75 and tip (if you so desire)

I've use this company before and they were friendly, did not require a deposit and dependable.

http://www.24hrairporttaxi.com/

Honestly, it probably depends on the number of people in your party. Last year out of Galveston, and again this year for our upcoming one out of Houston, we stayed at a hotel near the airport. (Yes, I realize that has plusses and minuses.) But from a purely transportation standpoint, the Princess transfers are something like $24 per person; just take the hotel shuttle back to the airport to connect with Princess.

Actually a taxi from HOBBY wont' be that much I would suggest a limo though. If you are going to pay that much that would be the best way. You are looking at about $55-$75 and tip (if you so desire)

I've use this company before and they were friendly, did not require a deposit and dependable.

http://www.24hrairporttaxi.com/

wow, this looks like a great deal

DISTANCE: 20 Miles

TRAVEL TIME: Approx. 25 minutes

HOBBY to BARBOUR'S CUT:

Taxi: $65.00

Town Car: $70.00

SUV: $75.00

6-10 Pass. Ultra Stretch Limo: $130

15 Pass Stretch Navigator Limo: $170

(All Prices Quoted per Car Load)

:confused:Does anyone know if SuperShuttle will take us from Hobby to a hotel in the LaPorte area?

Your best bet is give them a call. I'm sure someone will be able to give you the skinny on transportation.

Edited by Shekim

Based on their website, shared shuttle is 40 for the first person, 7 for the second, plus a fuel surcharge.

Thanks for this info...I will check it out.

:confused:Just wondered if anyone has taken SuperShuttle to LaPorte area before? What were your experience with the service?

Call the Candlewood and ask them about the shuttle services they have been using. They went from driving their own van to using 3rd party companies, I spoke to Donny (about 3 weeks ago) and they are comparing the results from a couple of companies. Donny was the Candlewood's shuttle driver when we cruised in December.

Then contact those services and ask about a Hobby to La Porte transfer.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Call the Candlewood and ask them about the shuttle services they have been using. They went from driving their own van to using 3rd party companies, I spoke to Donny (about 3 weeks ago) and they are comparing the results from a couple of companies. Donny was the Candlewood's shuttle driver when we cruised in December.

Then contact those services and ask about a Hobby to La Porte transfer.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

sminfiddle,

Thanks for this suggestion. I will check into it!:D

• 3 weeks later...
wow, this looks like a great deal

DISTANCE: 20 Miles

TRAVEL TIME: Approx. 25 minutes

HOBBY to BARBOUR'S CUT:

Taxi: $65.00

Town Car: $70.00

SUV: $75.00

6-10 Pass. Ultra Stretch Limo: $130

15 Pass Stretch Navigator Limo: $170

(All Prices Quoted per Car Load)

As of this evening, it was $80 for a Town Car and the person that answered the phone blamed the price increase on Obama!