Live Blogging - Serenade of the Seas Feb 22nd, 2014

Thank you for doing a live review! We are sailing on Serenade next month, doing the Western Caribbean itinerary. Excited to see your pics, daily schedules and overall impressions of the Serenade experience. Have a great time in NOLA and on the cruise!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Hi Karen! Hope you are doing okay...I see you are sailing soon, I bet you can't wait! I've never been on Serenade, but when you're onboard, keep an eye out for a waiter named Ivo. He's a friend of ours, from Bulgaria. Have a great cruise :)

Hi Karen! Hope you are doing okay...I see you are sailing soon, I bet you can't wait! I've never been on Serenade, but when you're onboard, keep an eye out for a waiter named Ivo. He's a friend of ours, from Bulgaria. Have a great cruise :)

We've had Ivo before as our waiter, wonderful dining experience.

Joining in with jigger_b (Jeanie) to follow in your adventure. We too are cruising on the SOS doing b2b starting April 12 and then again on the 19th. We are a group of 12 on the first cruise, 10 on the second part.. My DH and I will become Diamond with RCL on this cruise. Mainly sailed on the Mariner when it was in Los Angeles.. Miss her..

Looking forward to more of your "Live" blog and learning more about sailing on SOS, our first Radiance class ship..:) Thank you.. Great pictures!

Hi Stacey! Good to hear from you! Yes, we are sailing on Serenade out of NOLA on 3/15--cannot wait! We love this class of ship, in fact, it's our favorite. This will be our first time in NOLA. So it should be a great trip. Hope you are doing well, and I hope there's a cruise on your horizon too. Hang in there and keep warm.....spring WILL get here eventually. And I will definitely keep an eye out for your friend Ivo. If I meet him, I'll give him a hug from you:)

Happytulips.....Loving your blog!!! Thanks again for doing it:)

A question I meant to ask....

Is there a place where you can sit on the Serenade, have a cup of coffee or tea and 'people watch' like on the Voyager class ships and the Royal Promenade (Promenade Cafe). I was hoping this might be around the atrium...

Thanks so much

The Centrum has lots of seating/seating areas perfect for relaxing with a coffee or glass of wine, and give you a place to people watch, or read a book. There will also be some seating along the railings of the Centrum on the upper levels. While the Royal Promenade is the primary area for people to gather on those ships that have them, the Centrum is the gathering spot on the Vision-class and Radiance-class ships.

The Centrum has lots of seating/seating areas perfect for relaxing with a coffee or glass of wine, and give you a place to people watch, or read a book. There will also be some seating along the railings of the Centrum on the upper levels. While the Royal Promenade is the primary area for people to gather on those ships that have them, the Centrum is the gathering spot on the Vision-class and Radiance-class ships.

Thank you for this info..:)

I will see what i can do to find this out for you.

There's no Coke Freestyle machines on Serenade, sorry to say. As for class schedules, I doubt they'd change up much from when I was on Serenade a few weeks ago. I'm not sure about pricing, but here are my Compasses for the schedule

Is there a place where you can sit on the Serenade, have a cup of coffee or tea and 'people watch' like on the Voyager class ships and the Royal Promenade (Promenade Cafe). I was hoping this might be around the atrium...

Thanks so much

There's a great seating area between Cafe Latte-tudes and the Library on Deck 5 that seems to have been made for it! It's a little smaller than Cafe Promenade, at least the Cafe Promenade on Freedom, but there were always plenty of seats. There's also little balcony areas on each deck around the Centrum that's a great place to people watch or, if you can get there early enough, to watch the aerial show.

Other good people watching areas are the seats in/near R Bar and Vintages.

Edited by garnetpalmetto

Thanks so much

Cafe Lattitudes on deck 5 is great place to people watch. As was mentioned, the Centrum is the main place on this class of ship, you can watch people from multiple decks and there is always something going on Deck 4 of the Centrum.

Hello! So happy you're doing a live report from the Serenade! There aren't many threads about her on CC. We'll be on her in Europe after the TA. Will you please find out if the balcony dividers open? Thanks!

Have a great trip!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!:D Unfortunately, the balcony dividers do not open on Radiance class ships.

I have a sincere yet silly question re Internet. How are you posting your blog? Through the ship's Internet? Are you using your cell's service? If so, what plan are you using for international travel? We have AT&T.

I am using the ships Internet for posting. I also have AT&T and I can post from the ports when I am there using the International data, except Key West of course.

The Internet is slow at times but not others, right now its pretty snappy with everyone between dinner sittings.

Here is the price of the Internet onboard in you buy the packages

Inet%20Price.png?psid=1

Tonight in the dinning room we had the Saffron menu. It was pretty good with lots of options. We did some options that people did not like but overall a great meal.

Link to Menu: https://4c6xeq.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2pyvfy86lFnxuZ6kJ2-ZRM7baOLpCOosr5Oa_StgPNfJOWa-slQpL-LrI2BEEwVkodQtZDOcua643Yo8AgIpiDqKf_vPak4aAOoc6IE_zQ5Tg/IMG_2815.JPG?psid=1

Dessert Menu: https://4c6xeq.dm1.livefilestore.com/y2pM4WIct7-lKDbPeH5e35ZnvsMKOuDkEf3R_7y9KMQalh4deXBrrqQE5-5nl-aiRmD29rxeToDh-tuXRtzObbx7TgVHGopL-Tbr6bRXe_rbK8/IMG_2831.JPG?psid=1

Appetizer

Caser Salad

Lobster Bisque (x3) This was not a popular choice, its broth based not creme based and had no lobster in it

Scallops Au Gratin (x2) These were the excellent, I recommend these.

Roman Vignole Salad

Main Course

Roasted Duck - this was the top choice at the table

Seafood Ravioli

Beef Tenderloin (x4)

Dessert

Lemon Pie (x2)

Bittersweet Souffle

Double Strawberry Cheescake

Lots of Ice cream

All the desserts were winners.

Roasted Duck

IMG_2828.JPG?psid=1

Beef Tenderloin

IMG_2827.JPG?psid=1

Scallops Au Gratin

IMG_2825.JPG?psid=1

Our first towel Animal

IMG_2846.JPG?psid=1

Really enjoying your blog so far! Would be interested to see more pics of different areas of the ship. We've sailed all classes of Royal ships with the exception of Radiance and Oasis classes and love to see images of ships like Serenade.

Again, thanks for sharing your experiences!