Discover Mexico - 500 yards from Puerto Maya terminal

mnsweeps

Carnival uses the Puerto Maya terminal and DISCOVER MEXICO park is only 500 yards per this website http://www.puertamaya.com/shore-excursions/discover-mexico.aspx .

Since its so close, we would just walk to the park from the terminal than get Carnival excursion? The http://www.discovermexico.org/default.asp also has a $5 off entrance fee which I don't know how much is it...anyone?

Carnival uses the Puerto Maya terminal and DISCOVER MEXICO park is only 500 yards per this website http://www.puertamaya.com/shore-excursions/discover-mexico.aspx .

Since its so close, we would just walk to the park from the terminal than get Carnival excursion? The http://www.discovermexico.org/default.asp also has a $5 off entrance fee which I don't know how much is it...anyone?

Admission fee is US$22-Adults and US$12-Children. Tequila tasting additional US$30-

And yes, depending on your fitness condition and the heat, you could walk. It's further than 500 yards though. Maybe 1.5 km to actual entrance, plus walking from ship and through port shopping area. I don't recall the condition of the sidewalks, if any past Puerta Maya, but would highly suggest you cross the road at PM before turning right and walking down. You might inquire with DM about any shuttle service they may have to and from the pier. I believe they still offer discounts to Chankanaab Park and a shuttle service to there (it's about 3 km further down).

And yes, depending on your fitness condition and the heat, you could walk. It's further than 500 yards though. Maybe 1.5 km to actual entrance, plus walking from ship and through port shopping area. I don't recall the condition of the sidewalks, if any past Puerta Maya, but would highly suggest you cross the road at PM before turning right and walking down. You might inquire with DM about any shuttle service they may have to and from the pier. I believe they still offer discounts to Chankanaab Park and a shuttle service to there (it's about 3 km further down).

Thanks for info...anyone else has any comments? Is DM worth over Chankanaab or should I do both?

on PM side, there is a sidewalk in very good shape, depending of time of the day it gets some shadow because is next to the jungle, it goes from PM all the way to caleta entrance, but as Crewsweeper says is better idea to cross the road at PM, in that side there is no sidewalk so walk carefully