Cagney's and Le Bistro - what do you recommend?

jeepgirlroo

Went to Cagney's 3x, Bistro 2x.

Cagney's - Disappointed we could not sit outside because it was raining, other times crowded. But one night we were seated right by the glass overlooking the main dining room so we could watch the dancers. Beef sliders good but don't want to fill up on that. Shrimp cocktail good. Soup and salads nothing special. The pea soup was mostly like a broth, not a thick pea soup. Bone-in ribeye and filet both very good. Love the different seasonings. Grilled sea bass delicious. For sides, roasted mushrooms and also the beets. Love the beets. For dessert, the macademia nut ice cream sandwich (loved that ice cream!). Also the grand marnier citrus salad. There were some other richer chocolate desserts but too much after the rest of what I ate!

LeBistro - mushroom soup delicious (if you like mushrooms). Fruits de Mer was good. My friend had the rack of lamb and said it was the best he ever had. Grilled swordfish was very good. I like fish so order it often in restaurants. Desserts were good - chocolate napoleon my favorite.

I'm always surprised when someone asks for a recommendation and then the first person who basically answers "I haven't had it myself BUT". This is quite popular on the cc boards. Everyone has an opinion but I believe OP was asking for the best meals. How can you measure the best if you haven't had it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree 100% with what you are saying; however, in this case the OP asked this question over a year and a half ago, so it probably doesn't matter to him/her any more.

• 3 weeks later...

We are going on the Breakaway in Feb.

Does anyone know the price to go to Cagneys and LeBistro.

Trying to see if it would be better to buy a package for 3-5 nights or just wing it and go when we want. Thank you

At Cagney's we like the beef short rib confit as a starter. The baked potato soup. And either the whole lobster or 32 oz porterhouse (both on the additional $$$ menu, but complimentary if you have the UDP).

At Le Bistro, the mussels, escargot, either the butter poached lobster (on the $$$ menu) or the lamb chops. And the chocolate fondue for two.

We are going on the Breakaway in Feb.

Does anyone know the price to go to Cagneys and LeBistro.

Trying to see if it would be better to buy a package for 3-5 nights or just wing it and go when we want. Thank you

Those restaurants currently have cover charges, but by the time you sail, they will be á la carte pricing. Those prices haven't been revealed yet, but will be on the Escape at the end of this month. Check back then.

Those restaurants currently have cover charges, but by the time you sail, they will be á la carte pricing. Those prices haven't been revealed yet, but will be on the Escape at the end of this month. Check back then.

Thank you, guessing maybe the dinner package maybe the way to go. Hope that you enjoy you time on the Escape.

Thank you, guessing maybe the dinner package maybe the way to go. Hope that you enjoy you time on the Escape.

You're welcome. We will be trying out the 4-day dining package on the Escape TA, so I'll be able to report back on how it worked at the new à la carte Le Bistro and Cagneys. I know how it's supposed to work, so we'll see. :)

Only been on 2 NCL ships, The Spirit and Sun, but on both it was the same.

Le Bistro was fantastic and Cagney's bordered on awful.

On both ships we ate at Le Bistro a second time, because the first experience was so good.

FYI little known fact. Cagneys has a free lunch small buffet of their food offerings. No extra cost. Highly recommended. They really don't advertise it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? We've been on 23 NCL cruises and never heard or saw anything of a Cagney's lunch buffet (except that offered to suite cruisers, and that's for breakfast).

FYI little known fact. Cagneys has a free lunch small buffet of their food offerings. No extra cost. Highly recommended. They really don't advertise it.

That is not a fleetwide standard procedure.

Yes, they can have such buffet available in some venue that is not used for something else at lunchtime, but definitely not a fleetwide fact.