Things to do in the Port Canaveral area

kmigrrrl

On March 31st I will be docked at Port Canaveral from 1-11PM. While in port my 85 yr old grandfather and Aunt will be meeting up with us for the day. I will be traveling with my husband, 3 yr old son and mother and father-in law. We will have our own transportation to get around the area. Can anyone suggest somewhere we can go for lunch and maybe a nice outdoor area to spend some time at???

On March 31st I will be docked at Port Canaveral from 1-11PM. While in port my 85 yr old grandfather and Aunt will be meeting up with us for the day. I will be traveling with my husband, 3 yr old son and mother and father-in law. We will have our own transportation to get around the area. Can anyone suggest somewhere we can go for lunch and maybe a nice outdoor area to spend some time at???

Not sure what you're looking for in terms of a restaurant, but we've been to Fishlips and Grills on the channel and enjoyed the food. People speak highly of Rusty's too, but we've not been there yet.

Jetty Park is near by. You can also walk around Cocoa Beach Pier.

in your situation I'd head to the pier or Coconuts for lunch (ocean view, where the others mentioned have a port view) and possibly head over to Coco Village to walk around the shops

http://visitcocoavillage.com/

OR

there are several 'eco tour' boat rides around for wildlife viewing . .

http://spacecoastdolphintours.com/blue-dolphin-space-coast-river-tourboat/

Our daily 2 hour Indian River Lagoon Tours leave from Kelly Park on the beautiful Banana River. We leave from Kelly Park and go just north to the Barge Canal on Merritt Island where we see a great variety of birds, dolphin, manatee and the occasional Alligator.

From there we go back across the Banana River and go through Canaveral Locks and tour the Port where we see the cruise ships, shrimp boats and see first hand one of the busiest ports in the nation.

Tours include a drink and snacks, beer, wine, soda, water (first one is free) and chips and cookies. Saturday Tours also include appetizers from Fishlips Restaurant. The boat comfortably seats 49 has a restroom and is also handicapped accessible.

seven miles as the crow flies

about 10 by road depending on your route

this is small town tho so traffic is minimal

to use a mapping program just ask to get to Cocoa Village Playhouse

Edited by Capt_BJ