Buckets of beer?

Crusin Karen

Like the PP, DH always just has them open one. No problem.:) You could probably stop the server form opening the first one if you're quick enough. And an extra couple bucks in tip would probably make that particular server perfectly happy to bring you a bucket of unopened beers next time.;)

We were just on the Ecstasy and I ordered a bucket of beer while we were on the Lido deck and received the discount. It never occured to me to ask them not to open them. The server brought them to me and opened one beer and the rest were never opened.

Shortly afterward, I took them back to the cabin and we went to get something to eat. When we got back to the cabin, the steward had refilled the bucket with ice. If you're a beer drinker, I'd say this is definitely the way to order them.

We were just on the Ecstasy and I ordered a bucket of beer while we were on the Lido deck and received the discount. It never occured to me to ask them not to open them. The server brought them to me and opened one beer and the rest were never opened.

Shortly afterward, I took them back to the cabin and we went to get something to eat. When we got back to the cabin, the steward had refilled the bucket with ice. If you're a beer drinker, I'd say this is definitely the way to order them.

Yes, I second this! It has been our experience that the steward will keep DH's bucket o' beer full of ice no matter how long we keep it in the cabin.:)

They will leave beers unopened at your request. Good for people with cheers who want to take some beer back to the room or to Half Moon Cay, where cheers is not applicable. You can " build " a bucket with cheers in 15 minutes.

They will leave beers unopened at your request. Good for people with cheers who want to take some beer back to the room or to Half Moon Cay, where cheers is not applicable. You can " build " a bucket with cheers in 15 minutes.

Carnival will not allow you to get a bucket of beer under the Cheers program. Be sure and take a can opener to open your beers later if you ask them not to open them for you. That is unless you buy Coors Light that has the screw on type caps. If you buy Bud, Mich Ultra, etc. though, you will need a bottle opener to open the aluminum cans unless you want to take them back to the bar later to be opened.

Carnival will not allow you to get a bucket of beer under the Cheers program. Be sure and take a can opener to open your beers later if you ask them not to open them for you. That is unless you buy Coors Light that has the screw on type caps. If you buy Bud, Mich Ultra, etc. though, you will need a bottle opener to open the aluminum cans unless you want to take them back to the bar later to be opened.

What I meant by building a bucket is getting one every 5 minutes unopened as allowed by cheers rules. One could have a bucket's worth of beers in a mere 15 minutes. I don't buy cheers myself because I just pay for the bucket of Foster's and the server brings me two separate buckets because they are a large can. That is 8 twelve ounce beers for around 30 dollars. I thought all the domestics Bud, Coors, etc were twist off? Anyhow, getting the lid off wouldn't be too big a deal :D

Edited by n6uqqq

I'm not a beer drinker so I don't know what the brand was but my brother bought a bucket of a certain kind on the Lido deck and when they brought it to him, it was in plastic cups. They said because the brand came in glass bottles they had to pour it into plastic cups because of the pool area where glass isn't allowed. He never bought that brand again. By the time he got to the third one, it was flat already.

What I meant by building a bucket is getting one every 5 minutes unopened as allowed by cheers rules. One could have a bucket's worth of beers in a mere 15 minutes. I don't buy cheers myself because I just pay for the bucket of Foster's and the server brings me two separate buckets because they are a large can. That is 8 twelve ounce beers for around 30 dollars. I thought all the domestics Bud, Coors, etc were twist off? Anyhow, getting the lid off wouldn't be too big a deal :D

The Buds/Bud Lights are the 16oz Aluminum Bottles. They don't twist off, you need an opener.

I'm not a beer drinker so I don't know what the brand was but my brother bought a bucket of a certain kind on the Lido deck and when they brought it to him, it was in plastic cups. They said because the brand came in glass bottles they had to pour it into plastic cups because of the pool area where glass isn't allowed. He never bought that brand again. By the time he got to the third one, it was flat already.

Probably Corona. I think they come in glass bottles on the ships.

Probably Corona. I think they come in glass bottles on the ships.

Yes, that is Corona because they don't allow glass at the pool areas for obvious reasons. If he ordered it at a bar "inside the ship" they would give him the bottle. Thanks for all the responses. I also drink my beer with a slice or two of lemon in it (I pour it into a glass) so I will also ask for a cup of lemons to go in the bucket! :cool::cool:

Yes, you can order a bucket of beers at the bar and request that none be opened. I have done this on both of my cruises so far. I purchased two buckets of beer on embarkation day to have in the cabin versus having to run down to a bar every time I wanted a beer. The room steward even kept the bucket filled with ice. Make sure to keep a towel underneath the bucket or else you will return to a nice puddle of water on the desk.

If the beer you are ordering comes in a glass bottle, make sure to purchase at a non-Lido deck bar. Carnival will not serve glass bottles on the Lido deck and will pour them all in a plastic cup.

RdP :)

our last cruise, at port stops when returning to the ship they would be standing at the security/loading area selling buckets of beer...when I purchased (twice) there, they gave me a neat opener that looked like a palm tree...do they still do this?

Edited by HoosierBuddy