First Review: Victory Feb. 3-8 family of 5!!

beckyk329

We are boarding Victory in 2 weeks, so nervous now about the cruise! We have several first timers going with us and we really wanted it to be special. We had nothing but great service last year on the Victory.

Oh no! Please do not let one review make you apprehensive about anything! You probably won't even run into that too busy bartender!! I feel bad.. Just make it yours!

Whoop Whoop Grand Turk. This is my new favorite port. It was absolutely gorgeous. Hands down. Half Moon Cay is right behind it... but we had the best day here. It's as beautiful here as HMC, but I just like it better. If you haven't stopped in Grand Turk, I suggest you take a cruise that stops there. ANY CRUISE! :D

We started out with some pics from the ship

P2050212_zps7e223be6.jpg

P2050213_zps635ffbcf.jpg

P2050214_zpse8f1670f.jpg

And then to grab buffet breakfast before heading out.

Someone's ready to start!

P2050220_zpsab1fb204.jpg

It felt so good out that day! My husband was ready to move there before the day was over. I must say I like that there aren't 5,000 shops like Cozumel, but it did seem a bit lacking in where to go. I believe that's why so many end up at Margaritaville and just stay there:confused:

Our destination was Jack's Shack:cool:

P2050234_zpsc754747d.jpg

P2050237_zpsfa6d0ecd.jpg

P2050238_zps864dd704.jpg

P2050239_zpsd4982290.jpg

Edited by beckyk329

thank you ALOT! ahhh, I wish I could claim 20's. And it's so very nice of you to say so ;) but we are both 30something (he is older than me, lol, sorry for throwing you under the bus dh!) And we're celebrating our 15th anniversary on the Elation next month so... old enough!

I'm sure you will have an amazing time, as we did and always do. Believe me this is not a review to bash Carnival. We have just never encountered so many grumpy employees at Carnival. It was like they had all been told they we're getting fired... next week. So just try and be nice this week. I don't know... maybe the Victory, I don't know... Obviously they didn't rain on our parade or sway me from booking one within a week of getting home, lol!

We had a great crew on Victory, i can't say the same about the crew on Liberty in October. The crew move from ship to ship so you never know what you are going to get but I agree there is no excuse!

Enjoying your review!

It's maybe??? a 10 minute walk down the beach. Worth it if nothing else but to beat the crowds.

We had a great time here. I don't know if I looked familiar to Topher (Jack's dog) or what. But he came immediately up to me stuck his head into my kneecaps, and stayed there. :p He has a great personality and loved hanging out with the kids. He is just a dog after all. But there's something special about a beach dog that just wants to go for a swim and play in the sand with you!

This first one is not in front of Jack's, it's just a pic of the ship on the walk over.

P2050240_zps4e43117b.jpg

P2050241_zps573219f6.jpg

P2050243_zps0fb4fdad.jpg

P2050244_zpsa0b53ff5.jpg

P2050245_zps391f99d3.jpg

We are boarding Victory in 2 weeks, so nervous now about the cruise! We have several first timers going with us and we really wanted it to be special. We had nothing but great service last year on the Victory.

Try not to worry, we had a GREAT cruise on Victory last month, see my review in my sig.

And this is all we did for a few hours!

P2050249_zps322a04a4.jpg

P2050251_zps131e76e2.jpg

P2050252_zpsc01874ef.jpg

P2050253_zps437ae466.jpg

And just to be clear, I HATE this picture Catie snuck of me. But it's the only picture we have with the notorious Sandy Vagina. So yes, here is a pick of me and my Sandy :p And if you think I'm being dirty, I'm not! It's the signature drink out there at Jack's and let me tell you, it packs a punch!

P2050260_zpsd5d08e2b.jpg

Edited by beckyk329

Well until someone says otherwise it stays!

So you may wonder why I'm posting this headless picture of my son. And well if you keep scrolling you'll see why. He was trying to recreate an awesome shot of his Dad from our trip on the Paradise last year. We just kept failing miserably at getting his over and over, so I thought I'd include his attempt! Maybe that Sandy Vagina knocked my timing off :rolleyes:

P2050264_zpsd8a93846.jpg

Last year in Grand Cayman

james_zps0e1ee0ec.jpg

You have a beautiful family! You are doing a great job with your review as well. I just randomly clicked on your review and my kids have the same names as two of yours and the third one was almost the littlest ones name instead.

You have a beautiful family! You are doing a great job with your review as well. I just randomly clicked on your review and my kids have the same names as two of yours and the third one was almost the littlest ones name instead.

Aww, how neat! and thank you:)

Edited by beckyk329

Our first time at GT we rented golf cart which turned into being a Jeep and explored on our own, then parked at Jack's Shack for lunch and the beach. Loved the water and beach! So we notice everyone headed back to the ship, so figured we better go get gas in the Jeep and get back ourselves...we walk around to the parking area of Jacks and there are 3 young local women walking towards us and one says "SARAH!?!?! What are you doing here?" It was a student from the university I used to work at in Miami, GT is her home. Small world for real!!!!

After a couple hours, the boat in the picture pulled in, and kind of smooshed us:rolleyes: right out of their way. No problem we were hungry anyway!

P2050302_zps31be2752.jpg

The kids waiting on the infamous jerked chicken at Jack's. I can't tell you anything, ( forgot to mention I am a vegetarian ) but my crew said it was wonderful!

P2050307_zpsdb5edc1c.jpg

And we people watched while we ate

P2050308_zps163f312d.jpg

After lunch, we decided to move on because I had heard about Governor's Beach, how beautiful, sea glass, etc. Boy am I glad we did! It's probably half a mile to a full mile from Jack's, but the walk isn't that fun because instead of on the beach you walk the road. Easy walk, just not very scenic. But when we got there the payoff was 100fold!

P2050313_zps22657e49.jpg

P2050322_zpsac7dd665.jpg

P2050327_zpsc97b358e.jpg

P2050328_zpsf22144dc.jpg

P2050334_zps9978492c.jpg

P2050338_zps86502d68.jpg

I mean, it doesn't get any better:D I'm so happy this is my life at this moment!

P2050339_zps4802f72f.jpg

there goes my husband! snorkeling right out of the picture!

P2050344_zpsb8a362f8.jpg

We got handfuls of sea glass that day. Everyone hunted for it. We played in the water all day. It was perfection - sigh