First Review: Victory Feb. 3-8 family of 5!!

beckyk329

Oh no! :eek: I will be on the Victory next month, and I sure do not want to experience bad crew members. That is what made my cruise on the Sensation less fun. I'm also traveling with a friend who is a first time cruiser, and I want her to have a great first cruise.

:( I did feel bad for the blue cards I saw around the ship :(

Hopefully you miss all the bad mood bears. But really don't let it worry you. We had a wonderful time!! The hiccups along the way just gave us something to laugh about later:p

Then we went to find our room. I let the kids pick our room this trip. They loved it... and I thought it was a great idea... they picked:

1234:cool:

Hey. They thought it was easiest to remember and I quite agree!

And here's where my pics might come in handy for all those out there wondering how we get 5 in a room. I only wish now, I had intended on doing a review because I might have been a bit more thorough in my pictures when it comes to how we keep everything organized. Let's not forget, that 5 in a room, also means 5 peoples' belongings!

P2030033_zps44cb35a7.jpg

P2030034_zps122978f6.jpg

The upper Pullman of course came down, and we also had a rollaway. (pics of that to come) but I will say that the first morning we folded it up to make more walking room, and the rest of the week this was done for us, and he only let it out at night.

And here is our door, we always try to do something to make it "ours"

P2030036_zps83f01726.jpg

LOL....how your kids picked the room is adorably cute! It is indeed easy to remember. Also love how you decorate your door....what a great family activity! Looking forward to the rest of your review :)

Ok. On to fun day at sea!

I have the fun times in some piece of luggage that I will dig out if I really, really need to. But I don't want to. So for now...

We woke up around 8ish just because of the glorious sun warming our room. Oh how we have missed thee! The plan for today is to vacation it up and really do a whole lot of nothing! Really that was the plan the entire trip, to have no plan.:eek::rolleyes:

So we get up and get dressed and head down to the aft dining room for some breakfast. I didn't take pics of lots of food, but I do have a couple of this morning.

P2040084_zpscc7cd3ad.jpg

If you really expect cottage cheese with your fruit, don't, lol!

P2040085_zpsd8829432.jpg

And although this was tasty, I think two is too many! Those suckers weigh a ton with all that cereal. And I'm not a dainty eater!

P2040086_zpsbd7f3c76.jpg

Overall, I must say I miss the regular breakfast/lunch menu. The brunch is fine, but not my fav.

LOL....how your kids picked the room is adorably cute! It is indeed easy to remember. Also love how you decorate your door....what a great family activity! Looking forward to the rest of your review :)

Thank you for your sweet comments!

:( I did feel bad for the blue cards I saw around the ship :(

Hopefully you miss all the bad mood bears. But really don't let it worry you. We had a wonderful time!! The hiccups along the way just gave us something to laugh about later:p

I sure hope we miss them. And I'm enjoying your review. Thanks for sharing. :)

After breakfast there was a bit of reasoning with the little ones as they wanting to go swimming and then go to Camp Carnival. Now before you think I forced them into anything, they loooooove Camp Carnival, but their little bodies have not had the opportunity to be submerged in water since summer to it took a little cajoling and reading the Camp Carnival schedule to them to convince them the way to go was backwards.

You see the activities they really liked were in the morning, and the stuff they didn't care either way about was in the afternoon. But once we had an understanding they were good to go. I want to also take this time to tell anyone that has been on the fence about camp carnival, don't be! My kids start talking about it as soon as I book. They love "their" vacation time:)

Although why we're on the subject, I must say, for the older ones, if they're interested, don't let them miss the meet and greet! My oldest, on the last cruise, we practically had to pry her away from the group of friends she had made. This trip however, she missed the first night... and well spent the rest of the cruise right with mom and dad! Oh the horror:eek: It was fine really... I could just tell she missed "her" vacation time just a bit:rolleyes:

We started out this trip on Thursday evening 1-30. We were planning on leaving Friday, but after the latest snow storm had crippled Atlanta we figured hitting the road a day early couldn't hurt. We made a overnight (time for sleep only) stay in Calhoun, GA. On the road by 8am to get to Tampa. We had a wonderful Fri-Sun stay with my Dad whom I hadn't seen in almost a year. It was a great time, but I know you lovely people don't want those details or pics, lol.

OK... so after a very relaxing weekend, we had less than 5 hour drive to Miami Sunday evening. We hopped on the Turnpike from hell and made it to the Ramada Hialeah location. The front desk ladies were sweet as could be. But the hotel was not. I know you get what you pay for. And for $85 in Miami I guess it was fine. It just had a weird smell and was, you know, one of those hotels you're just really not happy to be at. But! It is fine if those aren't one of your "vacation" days if you understand...

next: embarkation with some pics! (finally right:rolleyes:)

Never ever would I stay in a hotel in Hialeah or Opalocka...lived in Miami for 8 years...just other locations better but yes this time of year hard to find low prices.

thank you ALOT! ahhh, I wish I could claim 20's. And it's so very nice of you to say so ;) but we are both 30something (he is older than me, lol, sorry for throwing you under the bus dh!) And we're celebrating our 15th anniversary on the Elation next month so... old enough!

I'm sure you will have an amazing time, as we did and always do. Believe me this is not a review to bash Carnival. We have just never encountered so many grumpy employees at Carnival. It was like they had all been told they we're getting fired... next week. So just try and be nice this week. I don't know... maybe the Victory, I don't know... Obviously they didn't rain on our parade or sway me from booking one within a week of getting home, lol!

I was on Victory in October and the crew was great, but I'm not doubting you crew change, things happen...I'll be sailing her again next month so I'll be on watch. I had some rude crew exp on RCL in Sept, complaining openly to me...I know it's difficult working and living in same place and the job must get stressful but no excuse for such comments. Family at the bar...geez you ordered 5 drinks! $$$ is $$$ right?

After we drop the little ones off, it's about 10:30, we run to get our swimsuits on a head to the top decks!!

OMG:eek: I do believe every cruise I forget the the hoards of people vying for a spot on sea days! We walk the ship twice, yes twice. With no luck...

Finally I spot some chairs on a side deck, with towels on them, but no people, no personal items. Hmmm:rolleyes: what to do? Well, I walk over grab the towels, tuck them behind the chairs, and plop my hinny down. My husband stands there looking down at me like I had just robbed a bank. I'm tell him sit down, (DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY right?!) if the CHOGS come back I'll simply apologize, get up and move on.

Well would you like to know we were there for right around 2 hours and no one ever showed... go figure... and when we left I put their towels right back as I found them!

Catching some rays with an icy drink in hand, anyone hear "I wanna bang on my drum all day"

P2040091_zpsc2ef802b.jpg

Like I said, we were there about two hours, just people watching, relaxing, and I did whip out my Logic problem book because I'm a dork like that :o

Then it was off to get the babies!

Never ever would I stay in a hotel in Hialeah or Opalocka...lived in Miami for 8 years...just other locations better but yes this time of year hard to find low prices.

Now you tell me! lol :rolleyes: Yes, as it was nothing other than a rest spot, I wasn't worried about much other than price. Everything in Miami was 200-300 and up that night. Some bicycle race?

I was on Victory in October and the crew was great, but I'm not doubting you crew change, things happen...I'll be sailing her again next month so I'll be on watch. I had some rude crew exp on RCL in Sept, complaining openly to me...I know it's difficult working and living in same place and the job must get stressful but no excuse for such comments. Family at the bar...geez you ordered 5 drinks! $$$ is $$$ right?

I know right! That order with tip was almost $40! I don't know, maybe he was worried about getting his flirt on;)

Edited by beckyk329

Now you tell me! lol :rolleyes: Yes, as it was nothing other than a rest spot, I wasn't worried about much other than price. Everything in Miami was 200-300 and up that night. Some bicycle race?

Always something...who knows...races, boat shows, food festivals.

I know right! That order with tip was almost $40! I don't know, maybe he was worried about getting his flirt on;)

We don't drink much (maybe a drink by the pool once or twice) and usually order diet coke not wine for dinner and the bar staff Ming on Victory was so nice to us he didn't mind we weren't ordering more expensive beverages. He made straw paper flowers or heart every night.

Now on HAL in December it was always like "just a coke?"...once the server actually said "a rum and coke?"...I was like "no just a diet coke"...then it took forever to arrive and at the end of the meal she came back and said because it took so long she wasn't going to charge us...that was nice...it was in their specialty Tamarind.

We go to the aft pool area. Great idea if you're going to the pool, although the hot tubs were getting to "standing room only" status

And not that it matters. But I wanted to mention that my (little) kids can swim ok. Connor better than Cassidy. But the reason you see floaties on them is because they love there freedom. And in the ocean and public spaces like that, if I'm not right by there side, I am comforted knowing they have that extra support.

P2040093_zps28575fd4.jpg

"Suns too bright MOM!!!"

P2040096_zps2db2d47a.jpg

P2040099_zps334c6dd9.jpg

P2040105_zps5a9c0217.jpg

P2040107_zps23774cc2.jpg

We had the same problem with the crew. I never complain but I actually went to guest services after one of the bar waiters by the pool 1st tried to get us to all order the same drink to make it easier and then never brought them back. When I saw him again he literally waived us off:eek: We had the drink plan so we ended up going to the bar ourselves and getting our drinks. I loved the cruise but I don't think I would sail on the Victory any time soon.

We had the same problem with the crew. I never complain but I actually went to guest services after one of the bar waiters by the pool 1st tried to get us to all order the same drink to make it easier and then never brought them back. When I saw him again he literally waived us off:eek: We had the drink plan so we ended up going to the bar ourselves and getting our drinks. I loved the cruise but I don't think I would sail on the Victory any time soon.

Exactly.

Ok so here come our elegant night pics. Now before anyone points fingers, I don't care:rolleyes: Not trying to sound harsh, but if you tell me my boys aren't dressed up enough, well you're wasting your time. They did the suit and tie thing the first couple trips. It's just gotten so comfortable and a cruise isn't a "cruise" anymore, it's just our vacation, I hope that's understandable. So as long as the have on slacks and a collar, this Mom doesn't care. Now us girls like wearing our dresses, but even those have gotten relaxed. More fun dresses that can go in the washing machine vs. anything that needs to go to the dry cleaners when we get home!!!

These fake smiles drive me nuts! But she's still cute..

P2040120_zps9404fcf3.jpg

She's getting so grown up... too pretty!

P2040121_zps49d4dc17.jpg

Mommy/daughter selfies!:cool:

P2040125_zps3488735c.jpg

P2040122_zps3be5eb00.jpg

Edited by beckyk329

I can't believe the crewman could/would do that. I would've said something to him directly. The staff on the Triumph, another ship of the same class, were never like that and even remembered our drinks days later.

Believe me I couldn't believe it either! This was our 7th cruise with Carnival and we have NEVER had any issues. Like I said it was just weird the bad service. Again it wasn't everyone, but it was most. And none as severe or off-putting as the first.

After a great dinner, we go to see the first show of the cruise. Really? Did we sit through this??!! I have always absolutely love the shows. But I got my first taste of why you see complainers. It was just BAD! Again, I chalk this up to the (worst ever) crew. The entire entertainer staff was just blah, imo. The CD, sorry to those that like him, but Goose, nope. Worst CD, imo.

P2040177_zps98ee623f.jpg

P2040182_zps1b291ff7.jpg

P2040183_zps8312ed57.jpg

P2040189_zps82e39ff6.jpg

You know, I just realized that my first ever review is my worst (crew) trip. I'm sorry I didn't get on here and tell about all the wonderful people we've encounter in our trips. It just happened to fall to this one. We have loved every single second of all of the others... I mean pictures with our wait staff wonderful!

Anyway... tonight started the wth? Lorenzo towel animals. I mean really, wth?

P2040175_zpsa781fa3c.jpg

A quick restroom break and a FB check-in at POM:D and we were good to go!!

P2030019_zpscc609480.jpg

It wasn't one picture in some nice lady offered to take our picture so all of us could be in it..

P2030021_zpsa7164747.jpg

P2030022_zpsa5175fea.jpg

I have no photos of lunch because we all snapped those with our phones, and as of now, I haven't bothered combining the two.

I love your daughters red t-shirt! Do they come in adult sizes??? lol