Age Group?

NOSaints1

My wife and I are in our mid 30s, what would you say is the majority age group?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It depends on the cruise...Caribbean can be younger than 50-60. Holidays have more children and different age groups. The longer the cruise, sometimes the older the group. Easter Med had lots of 40+ and some 30+. Again, you need to be more specific, and add what types of things are most important to you...night life, dancing, excursions, etc.

My wife is going to be 34 and I'm 35. We're not into drinking, partying. We like going to the shows, going for dinner, sightseeing.

This is my husband and I, though we are just a few years younger. We haven't sailed with Celebrity before, but are really looking forward to our first cruise later this year.

Our daughters went with us when they were both in college and they had a wonderful time both on the ship and on excursions. Our oldest and her husband took a Celebrity cruise for their honeymoon at age 23 and now at 34 they're planning on another one as soon as they can. They prefer the atmosphere of Celebrity to a more party-hardy ship.

Will you be among the youngest? Yes. Will you have a wonderful time? Yes.

My wife and I are in our mid 30s, what would you say is the majority age group?

This is my husband and I, though we are just a few years younger. We haven't sailed with Celebrity before, but are really looking forward to our first cruise later this year.

This was my wife and I the first time we sailed with Celebrity in 1994, wow, 20 years ago! I am now 60 and the wifester is 57. Our DD was 11 and has worked for RCCL, and X is still her favorite line too.

Find the review from Heather, a long time 30'ish yr old Carnival cruiser who just returned from her 1st Celebrity cruise. She booked 2 more while on ship. Here is the link, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1987902

Edited by wallie5446

Shorter cruises attract younger guests. When I started cruising, I took cruises that were one week or less. My vacation time was restricted. I now am retired. I prefer longer cruises. 2 weeks is my preference. On longer cruises, many people are older. They have more time and money. Cruises during school vacation times attract younger cruisers and lots of kids. They are great if you travel as a family. My extended family has traveled together. Ages from 8 months to 80. Everyone likes Celebrity.

After taking 9 Celebrity cruises I would say the average age is 50. But that doesn't mean that there are lots of 10 year olds and lots of 90 year olds. There are fewer kids onboard and fewer 80 year olds than on other lines. It's mostly couples, who are seasoned travelers and enjoy the finer things in life.

This was my wife and I the first time we sailed with Celebrity in 1994, wow, 20 years ago! I am now 60 and the wifester is 57. Our DD was 11 and has worked for RCCL, and X is still her favorite line too.

Find the review from Heather, a long time 30'ish yr old Carnival cruiser who just returned from her 1st Celebrity cruise. She booked 2 more while on ship. Here is the link, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1987902

Thanks Wallie for the kudos! :D

Like Wallie said, I'm 32 (and DH is 40) and just returned from my first Celebrity cruise. I had the same reservations as you about the age bracket we would encounter onboard (especially after just doing an Alaska cruise in September that felt like we were on a floating nursing home in terms of the age and condition of most of the guests). To my surprise, while most people were older than us onboard, we loved the demographics we encountered with the other cruisers. I go into more details in my review. Enjoy! :)

My husband is 28 and I am 29, our Med cruise the average age was in the 50s but nonetheless had a wonderful time.

Our next cruise is in the Baltics and I'm guessing it'll be about the same.

We aren't huge partiers and seem to fit in nicely.

I'm guessing it depends more on the length of the cruise, the time of the year (holidays/school vacations or not), the itinerary which also affects the price of the cruise. We were in the Caribbean, 7 night, but at a time when kids are in school. I'd say the average age was 60-75, not 50. We are 50 and most people were older than us.

However, we had a wonderful cruise. With what you stated you like - dinner, shows, sightseeing, it's a great crowd. Everyone was very polite and interesting. I just wouldn't expect late night (or even early night) dance parties. People on this board say they are there, but we never saw them. Maybe on S class. We were on the Summit.