Britannia preview website

Monorail Orange

"Britannia will embrace a bold new 94 metre Union Flag on her bow displaying the longest version of the Flag anywhere in the world. The new style represents a contemporary approach to cruising which looks to the future, whilst celebrating the past."

Interesting! I wonder what we should read into this. Does the fact that the new artwork brings to mind Aida, NCL and (dare I say it?) Ocean Village give us a clue, or is it just wishful thinking. No doubt time will tell when more information is released by P&O.

"Britannia will embrace a bold new 94 metre Union Flag on her bow displaying the longest version of the Flag anywhere in the world. The new style represents a contemporary approach to cruising which looks to the future, whilst celebrating the past."

Interesting! I wonder what we should read into this. Does the fact that the new artwork brings to mind Aida, NCL and (dare I say it?) Ocean Village give us a clue, or is it just wishful thinking. No doubt time will tell when more information is released by P&O.

I think you are exactly correct......wishful thinking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Cold colours in an empty dining room can work. I used to think that the MDR on Celebrity Solstice looked very sparse - all blacks, cream and silver - but once filled with people it looked fantastic.

Of course, that dining room also has a huge and dramatic scale, which helps.

Just had a look at some of the interior pictures of the ship and everything seems to be white, grey and beige, even the dining room. anyone else seen that. I remember people didn't like Arcadia because her decor was bland.

Dunno what pictures you were looking at, but the three dining rooms have the following colour schemes:

Meridian: Blue/Gold

Oriental: White/Crimson

Peninsular: White/Orange

While the Meridian's decor I don't really like, the other two look really nice, not bland at all. Don't get where your beige/grey idea comes from:

Meridian_Restaurant.jpg

12726797405_123ba69334_b.jpg

12726793525_46611f3984_b.jpg

Edited by littlesteelo

Dunno what pictures you were looking at, but the three dining rooms have the following colour schemes:

While the Meridian's decor I don't really like, the other two look really nice, not bland at all. Don't get where your beige/grey idea comes from:

Meridian_Restaurant.jpg

Whay man that's canny like.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi folks,

I think that the new Britannia looks stunning and with the redesigned stern flap she should have reduced cavitation, vibration and engine noise making for smoother passage making.

When I was researching all about the ships design I came across a great little blog site called http://www.tich.co It has been set up by a travel writer and architect who says that the blog will be monitoring the progress of Britannia over the next 24 months. Well worth a look.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but will the ship have one of those horrific big screens in the pool area like its sister, the Royal Princess? I don't think she will but am checking just incase. Having been alongside the Royal Princess on the Celebrity Silhouette last year in Turkey I wouldn't wish this monstrosity on my worst enemy -------- :eek:

Sorry if this is a silly question, but will the ship have one of those horrific big screens in the pool area like its sister, the Royal Princess? I don't think she will but am checking just incase. Having been alongside the Royal Princess on the Celebrity Silhouette last year in Turkey I wouldn't wish this monstrosity on my worst enemy -------- :eek:

I can't see any specific mention of one on the Britannia preview site, but that doesn't mean there won't be one. P&O have been very coy so far about the facilities and layouts of the open decks - they're not included in the deck plans we have so far - so it's still anybody's guess.

Meridian_Restaurant.jpg

I love the last photo

I hope she does, I have 4 sea days on her next year and like to watch films on sea days

We wont know officially what she has and hasnt got until the new brochure is out

I suppose this just shows how difficult it is for the cruise lines to design a ship that makes us all happy. Our idea of a perfect sea day is peace and quiet and nothing but the sounds of the sea / waves and nothing to see but miles of sea.

We hated the big screen when the Royal Princess docked in Ephesus ---- up to that point I had had a very peaceful, 2 hours ------ then IT arrived. :eek: I just wanted to launch a missile to shut it all up!

I understand that everyone has their own taste so we will wait until we see what Britannia is offering before we book. If we don't like it, it won't be her fault , just us having a different taste / different preferences :)

PS Dear P&O please don't let her have a screen though :D;)

Edited by Presto2

I couldn't agree more, that's what was so awful on Azura. However, surely in this day and age, it wouldn't be beyond the wit of man to provide wireless headsets, so that those who want to watch a move can do so and those that just want to relax and read a book can.

JeanLyon

Azura is a HUGE ship as you know, you could have chosen to sit somewhere else, I`ve sailed on her 3x and noticed that as I moved away from where the SeaScreen is it got quieter...

Its bad enough in August trying to find a space anyway without having your choice limited even more by where the screen is put. Am I right in thinking that on the Royal Princess the screen is by the pool anyway? It was sooooo loud when berthed next to us that it drowned out the sound of the Sipra music band (just below me by the pool) on the Silhouette. :eek:

If you look at the Britannia preview video

at 38 seconds in there appears to be a smaller than usual screen behind the second funnel away from the main pools.