Infinity Transatlantic storage & kettle

laslomas

Apologies as I expect these questions are probably covered several times already, but cannot search for them at the moment!

I have just returned from sailing on Eclipse and found that the storage was adequate if a bit difficult for short people, like me. I have just booked a cruise on Infinity (2B stateroom) and from looking at the small pictures in the brochure cannot work out how much storage space there is. I see there is no over-bed cupboard, but there is what seems to be open shelving on the opposite wall. Are there any drawers, or maybe shelves in the wardrobe?

Also I have read that kettles are provided on the European and Transatlantic cruises leaving from Southampton. Do they have kettles on the Infinity Transatlantic cruise leaving from Harwich?

We were on Infinity TA in October 2013 , but had one of the FV cabins meant for families of 5 at the back of the ship, so we had loads of cupboard space + bedside drawers.

From what I remember of other M class cabins, the storage is better than on Eclipse. I too am short, so my husband used the overhead storage space.

We were on Eclipse in March 2013, Southern Caribbean cruise. I asked for a kettle, as we had had one when on Eclipse in 2010 ( Mediterranean ) I was told Americans don't want them, but as I pointed out there were 605 Brits on board, didn't we matter! I was then told they were in storage in Miami. However, a kettle appeared on the 2 nd night.

It was easier to get one on our Infinity TA in Oct, I just asked and one appeared.

Good luck.

We were on Infinity TA in October 2013 , but had one of the FV cabins meant for families of 5 at the back of the ship, so we had loads of cupboard space + bedside drawers.

From what I remember of other M class cabins, the storage is better than on Eclipse. I too am short, so my husband used the overhead storage space.

We were on Eclipse in March 2013, Southern Caribbean cruise. I asked for a kettle, as we had had one when on Eclipse in 2010 ( Mediterranean ) I was told Americans don't want them, but as I pointed out there were 605 Brits on board, didn't we matter! I was then told they were in storage in Miami. However, a kettle appeared on the 2 nd night.

It was easier to get one on our Infinity TA in Oct, I just asked and one appeared.

Good luck.

Thanks Upwarduk. So the kettle was not automatically there when leaving Harwich? Like you then, we will ask! I was on the Southern Caribbean on Eclipse in January and never thought to ask about a kettle as I had read they were only available on Europe and Transatlantic, I wish now that I had tried asking for one as you did. I may have been lucky too.

It is the storage I am concerned about too as I wonder what is available if there are no over-bed lockers. I am only going by the tiny pictures in the brochure so if anyone who has recently been on Infinity can remember please let me know.

Hi,

Do you know this is the first time I have heard of having a kettle on a cruise.? Wow that is such good news I wish I had heard about it before. So do you uise bottle water or bathroom tap water.? Many thanks

Brenda

Kettles are part of the general set up on P & O as they base the cabin amenities on the UK market. On a HAL cruise several years ago I took a travel kettle, but they are not allowed on Celebrity.

There are no kettles on Infinity. The only ship that has them is the Eclipse which bases in the UK when not in the Caribbean and they are normally only brought out on sailings that are closed loop (round trip) from the UK. They are removed from the cabins for Transatlantics and the Caribbean season.

There is a little more storage in general on the M class than the S class ships. The closets are a little bigger and have a section with shelves. The drawers are a little larger and more usable and there are actual drawers in the nightstands.

Edited by Lsimon

There are no kettles on Infinity. The only ship that has them is the Eclipse which bases in the UK when not in the Caribbean and they are normally only brought out on sailings that are closed loop (round trip) from the UK. They are removed from the cabins for Transatlantics and the Caribbean season.

There is a little more storage in general on the M class than the S class ships. The closets are a little bigger and have a section with shelves. The drawers are a little larger and more usable and there are actual drawers in the nightstands.

I had a kettle on TA because I asked, but they were in the rooms on the previous Wine cruise out of Harwich.

Remember, Infinity is ex Harwich, for this summer at least.

I always find the comments about people not been able to reach the over bed cupboards a puzzle. I'm 5ft tall and have never had a problem (and no I don't stand on the bed!) :confused:

I am taller (a bit) than 5ft. It really was a struggle for me. I put things in to the small area I could reach ok, but trying to get things out again often caused a landslide of immense proportions. The beds were set apart so I expected it to be easier than it was but the space to stand in was so small.

Methinks I must book another Eclipse cruise just for a bit more practice ;)

We definitely did have a kettle on Infinity on our 10 night Norway cruise last August-and we didn't even have to ask for it.

We found it tucked away together with cups at the rear of the bottom shelf in the cupboard below the mirror.

It became a daily routine to visit the Oceanview Cafe during breakfast to stock up with sachets of Coffee and the small cartons of milk.