Please help with cabin choice

KayJay4

Hello all

Could someone help me with some quick advice as I am about to book our cruise to Bermuda (YAYY!!) on Vision of the Seas.

We would like a Balcony D1 or D2 and we like aft. Usually we just have to decide port or starboard but this time there are some cabins right at the back. They are deck 7 and appear to have huge balconies. Travel agent says there is always 'white noise' (what the heck is THAT?) and not to have one. But the balconies look larger.........

Any advice? I can't decide and need your expert views!

If you mean the very aft balconies, they have a niche following who absolutely rave about them. Bit of a walk but the balconies are larger and the view must be fabulous. By white noise he may mean some humming from the engines but I haven't seen many people complain about it here. It may be ship-dependant?

I would probably ask the TA what they mean by the comment of "white noise" to better understand what their concerns are. It's somewhat ambiguous, but typically means soft or other pleasing background sounds that some find helpful with sleeping, as example. But again, I would ask them to be sure.

The larger balconies in particular and unique aft view can be a be big draws to this location. Not aware of any other noise issues - "white" or otherwise - that would be of a concern.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks everyone for your comments. I booked it! Aft, overlooking the wake.................trouble is, the travel agent is having problems getting flights. So I can see my lovely cabin but can't get to it..................fingers crossed!!

We have sailed on deck 7 aft on the Jewel and I think our experience will be similar. We had no engine noise, the white noise that we heard was the sound of the water in the wake of the ship. Just sounded like ocean noises for us. It was a good thing!

Our balcony was so large that we were able to move extra furniture out there.

One negative on RCCL afts on the upper levels are their location below the Windjammer. If you are on a higher deck you will hear set up early am, clean up late pm, and diners most of the day. Lots of clanking of dishes and utensils as well as chairs being moved around. You always have the random brainless wonders that feed the birds from the windjammer who hang out on your balcony waiting for a feeder. We even had a chicken bone land on our balcony. Nice folks.

One additional plus...most aft balconies are limited to just two people per cabin. No noisy kiddos!