Fort Lauderdale Hotel Advice

staceur

Hello All,

I have been debating this in my head for a couple of weeks now and am looking for some advice since I do not know the area well.

We will be arriving at FLL at 8:45 pm the night before our cruise. Once we arrive at the hotel I hoping there will be a place within walking distance to grab a few apps and drinks before bed. Does anyone have any recommendations? I know we are arriving a little late, but it will be a Friday night (4/25) so I am hoping there will be something.

Would like to keep the room below $450.

Thanks in advance!

Hello All,

I have been debating this in my head for a couple of weeks now and am looking for some advice since I do not know the area well.

We will be arriving at FLL at 8:45 pm the night before our cruise. Once we arrive at the hotel I hoping there will be a place within walking distance to grab a few apps and drinks before bed. Does anyone have any recommendations? I know we are arriving a little late, but it will be a Friday night (4/25) so I am hoping there will be something.

Thanks in advance!

I would stay at one of the airport hotels surrounding Oakwood Plaza Mall. Try LaQuinta-FLL Airport using the Promo Code: H O M E D L (without the spaces). From there it's not much of a walk to Hollywood Ale House, TGIFriday's and Dave and Buster's.

Hello All,

Thanks in advance!

I would look at The Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. Cheesecake Factory, Big City Tavern, and the Royal Pig all serve late.

If you just want something near the airport, I agree Embassy and eat at Duffys.

Hi! We will be arriving in Ft. Lauderdale around 8:30 PM on Saturday, March 29, 2014 and will be staying at the Best Western Plus Ft. Lauderdale Airport South, 1900 Stirling Road. Are there any places to grab a quick bite (within walking distance) and maybe some place to buy a couple bottles of wine? We can take the hotel shuttle to the port (HAL) the next day ($20 for the two of us) or would be better just to take a cab? Thanks!

Thanks for the responses.

Does anyone know if there is anything open within walking distance to The W at that time of night?

Yes! Surf Sand Sun in the Hilton next door should be open for food and drinks.:)

The Lobby Bar in the W will be open but I don't know how late they serve apps.

Hi! We will be arriving in Ft. Lauderdale around 8:30 PM on Saturday, March 29, 2014 and will be staying at the Best Western Plus Ft. Lauderdale Airport South, 1900 Stirling Road. Are there any places to grab a quick bite (within walking distance) and maybe some place to buy a couple bottles of wine? We can take the hotel shuttle to the port (HAL) the next day ($20 for the two of us) or would be better just to take a cab? Thanks!

You will be near the Oakwood mall which include Kmart and Bj's wholesale where there is a limited wine selection. Also as mentioned in an earlier post these places would be about a mile walk one way.

"I would stay at one of the airport hotels surrounding Oakwood Plaza Mall. Try LaQuinta-FLL Airport using the Promo Code: H O M E D L (without the spaces). From there it's not much of a walk to Hollywood Ale House, TGIFriday's and Dave and Buster's."

You could ask if the hotel shuttle could drop you off and then you could just walk back, or possibly arrange to be picked back up. Of course a tip to the driver would be appropriate if they go out of the way.

We always find the shuttles chaos in the morning. We ask the desk to call us a cab. It's generally $25-30 with tip but well worth it to me to have control over when I want to go and to go directly.