Need some excursion advice on Legend

Alwaysoncountdown

We are huge fans of the show Amazing Race and really want to do that in Cozumel. We have sons ages 14 and 12 and the Playa Mia looks great as well. Would we have time for both? Or is there a similar beach excursion at one of the other ports? I have looked at the ports of call threads but didn't find anything. Thought I would check w the experts. We will be going to Grand Cayman, Belize and Roatan. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I cant help regarding the Amazing Race excursion as we have never done it but regards to beaches with the ages of you children have you looked at Paradise Beach in Cozumel? It was a $5 taxi ride each from the port and our kids had a blast, we are going to Cozumel again in December and definitely going back here.

Just google Paradise Beach Cozumel and it is the first one that comes up.

Thanks. It looks like Cozumel has the best beaches for activities and fun toys. But I'm not sure we will have time. This may work since its on our own. I would love to find comparable beaches at one of the other ports of call so we don't have to cram so much into this day.

Grand Cayman and Roatan both have lovely beaches but I haven't come across any that have the fun toys for the kids like Paradise Beach. When we went to Roatan we did an excursion through Victor Bodden tours, we went zip lining then went to a beautiful beach and then when we were ready they took us back to the ship. This next time we are going to do the zip lining again but head back to the port as there was what looked like a nice beach right there.

In Roatan, you can check out the day pass to little French Key. It's a little pricey at $88 a person, but we had a lot of fun and we had a 15 year old with us. They can play with jaguar cubs, monkeys, and parrots, snorkel, kayak, or chill in a hammock and the price includes transportation to and from the port, lunch, and two drinks. This was probably the best excursion we've taken...ever. So you get the playa Mia-ish experience there and you can do the amazing race in Cozumel. Just make sure to check how long you're in port in Roatan because our stay there on the legend was only six hours :(

We were there a yr ago..

Cozumel we did do paradise beach. But they do charge you to rent chair; the jumping toys in the water.. also they tell you that you must spend $$ from the menu per adult. Nice beach;

Roatan: we chose victorbodden for a private tour. Cost $25.00 p/p for four of us. His cousin took us every where... we even went to some open houses cause I wanted to see what they look like. We went to a mom & pop place for lunch... so much fun...then to the beach by the ship.

Belize we did cave tubing. Had so much fun. We got these awesome tubes with back rest and they linked us side by side vs holding each other's feet.

Grand Cayman.. we went to seven mile beach and then had to go to Margetville for drinks at the pool

If you email me I can forward you all the links... lmen 579@aol.com

Just loved the Legend..

Cathy

In Roatan, you can check out the day pass to little French Key. It's a little pricey at $88 a person, but we had a lot of fun and we had a 15 year old with us. They can play with jaguar cubs, monkeys, and parrots, snorkel, kayak, or chill in a hammock and the price includes transportation to and from the port, lunch, and two drinks. This was probably the best excursion we've taken...ever. So you get the playa Mia-ish experience there and you can do the amazing race in Cozumel. Just make sure to check how long you're in port in Roatan because our stay there on the legend was only six hours :(

That's what we are doing in Roatan! I booked this through carnival in case we are late getting back LOL as you stated, time is tight there! I am glad to hear you enjoyed it so much, we are really looking forward to it. In Cozumel, we are considering Playa Mia so that sounds like a viable opinion as well...

That's what we are doing in Roatan! I booked this through carnival in case we are late getting back LOL as you stated, time is tight there! I am glad to hear you enjoyed it so much, we are really looking forward to it. In Cozumel, we are considering Playa Mia so that sounds like a viable opinion as well...

You were able to book little French key through carnival??? We had to go directly through them and it wasn't offered through the ship

Yup, sure did :-) it was $189 for 3 of us - totally feel secure now lol

Well... Not exactly. I looked it up on carnivals site and sure enough the excursion is there. The difference is that if you book through the island, $88pp gets you full use of all equipment except scuba gear (snorkeling included) and it includes a mix plate lunch and two drinks which can be alcoholic or non.

For consideration

The mix plate is $22pp purchased separately. It is a combination of coconuty rice and beans, salad (read cole slaw), yuca chips, grilled chicken, steak, shrimp, and a lobster tail. It was amazing!

The drinks are priced almost exactly where they are on the ship, which is pretty high. You get two included in the package through the island. The kids and one hung over adult liked the fresh cut coconut water. I would make sure that you use the drink coupons for mixed drinks that are more expensive. The bar tender will happily let you use them for the cheaper non-alcoholic drinks/beer and let you pay for the $7-$9 daiquiris.

PLEASE say hi to Lisa for us. She's the nicest monkey ever and she only wants to snuggle.

I haven't done most of the ports, but I did do Grand Caymen. We did a private excursion (just found it off the boat). It was a visit to Sting Ray City, then snorkeling. On the way back we got dropped at Seven Mile beach then took a bus back to port and wandered around for a bit.

Sting Ray City is still one of my favorite excursions I've done.

We did the dolphin swim in Cozumel and the sting ray catamaran in Grand Caymans last cruise both were amazing. We will probably do the sting rays again. These suggestions have helped a lot. I will start researching these options. I hope we will have time to do a beach stop and the Amazing Race.

Well... Not exactly. I looked it up on carnivals site and sure enough the excursion is there. The difference is that if you book through the island, $88pp gets you full use of all equipment except scuba gear (snorkeling included) and it includes a mix plate lunch and two drinks which can be alcoholic or non.

For consideration

The mix plate is $22pp purchased separately. It is a combination of coconuty rice and beans, salad (read cole slaw), yuca chips, grilled chicken, steak, shrimp, and a lobster tail. It was amazing!

The drinks are priced almost exactly where they are on the ship, which is pretty high. You get two included in the package through the island. The kids and one hung over adult liked the fresh cut coconut water. I would make sure that you use the drink coupons for mixed drinks that are more expensive. The bar tender will happily let you use them for the cheaper non-alcoholic drinks/beer and let you pay for the $7-$9 daiquiris.

PLEASE say hi to Lisa for us. She's the nicest monkey ever and she only wants to snuggle.

Thanks so much for the info - My son will make sure to say to the Monkey for you :) as I am more of a rum runner drinker, i will definitely take your advice with the drinks coupons! How high is that platform from the water?

Thanks so much for the info - My son will make sure to say to the Monkey for you :) as I am more of a rum runner drinker, i will definitely take your advice with the drinks coupons! How high is that platform from the water?

It's not toooooo high, maybe 10-15 feet or so. It's right next to the ferry dock so the water is plenty deep enough to jump off. Carnival did not offer this tour when we went last month, so there were only maybe 25 total guests on the island and all had figured out about LFK though CC or trip advisor. If there's a decent crowd heading there when you're in port, I would BOLT off of the ferry when you dock. Go off of the boardwalk and turn right to go past the restrooms and you'll see a small tidal pool with palapas in the water. Try to get a spot over there as I would imagine that these would be hard to come by later. It's a good proximity from everything on the island.