What happens if you have to cancel?

4x4TX

It looks like my parents wont be able to make our cruise as my mom might have to have surgery today...we were suppose to leave sunday..what are their options? do they have any?

Do they have travel insurance??? (Please say they have travel insurance???), if so, they will be reimbursed. As long as it was not a pre-existing condition. I hope your mom is okay... good luck!!

Another thought, as long as one of the people booked stays on the reservation in that cabin, you can *maybe* get someone else to go (being late notice, you would need to do this today so the manifest is correct)... do you know anyone that can go??? Were you all staying together??

we had two cabins, one for them and one for my wife and I...and I dont know if he had insurance or not....It was a gift from my parents so I have no idea on how it was handled....I think my mom will be fine but she may have to have an angioplasty(sp) done today so I doubt she can go cruising on sunday if that happens :(

we had two cabins, one for them and one for my wife and I...and I dont know if he had insurance or not....It was a gift from my parents so I have no idea on how it was handled....I think my mom will be fine but she may have to have an angioplasty(sp) done today so I doubt she can go cruising on sunday if that happens :(

I do wish the best for your mom.. I know this is a stressful time, and number one concern is her health...

Find out if they have travel insurance... if so, that is one less thing to worry about. Very best of luck to you and your family...

if no insurance-- you lose at least 50% of cruise fare...if you cancel tomorrow-- 3 days before cruise- you lose it all. (total loss of your air transportation-- if its not refundable--which a lot of cheap ones are) the longer you wait to cruise the more it will cost.

well there is nothing they can do about it..if it cost them 1500 grand to make sure she is ok, that is money well spent....she just went in for a routine check up yesterday and they saw something that made them do a stress test, which she failed..so there was no way to cancel any earlier.....this cruise was also booked back in January and naturally nothing else has happend during that time....

Try to get someone else to take the tickets ASAP.

Call Carnival NOW. Did you book with a TA?? Or through Carnival direct??

I have seen them work with people even with out insurance.

With this being a life threaten sickness, one never knows..

Cheryl, I thought 7 days or less you lost 100% of the fare... have they recently changed this?? If so, that is great!!!!

Guess it changed since my first cruise-- it was only 3 days then. (I never paid much attention to it as I didnt think I ever needed to.

(i now wonder if I have this confised with something else for the 3 day penalty period....hmm forgive me--im getting older..lol

Try to get someone else to take the tickets ASAP.

Not an option in this post-9/11 world. Carnival must submit final passenger manifest to Homeland Security 72 hours prior to sailing.

Did they book directly with Carnival?

Last year we had a cruise booked for March on the Legend. In January prior to that a trip to the emergency room for me and a large brain tumor. Surgery was done on Jan.26 and the cruise had to be canceled. We did not have insurance. We were at the penalty phase where we would lose our deposit of $600. I called Carnival and they were very kind. Of course as a past guest they knew if my health would allow it , we would be cruising with them again. They did not give us a refund but they did give us a letter for credit of $600 towards our next cruise! We used that in September. I have to say that even though we did not purchase the insurance, Carnival was very generous to us. Doesn't hurt to give them a call and speak with a supervisor.

Cruzn buckeye

well there is nothing they can do about it..if it cost them 1500 grand to make sure she is ok, that is money well spent....she just went in for a routine check up yesterday and they saw something that made them do a stress test, which she failed..so there was no way to cancel any earlier.....this cruise was also booked back in January and naturally nothing else has happend during that time....

If they did have trip insurance, and it was purchased early enough, it will cover even pre-existing medical issues. Both my parents have had angioplasty, and they were out and about within a day or so. It may be possible that they will be able to cruise. I don't kow for sure...but just thought I'd tell you my experiences when my parents had this done.

Either way, I wish a speedy recovery for your mom.

4x4 - Hope your mom will be ok. A bright thought for you - My MIL took a plane trip a coupla years ago the day after she had angioplasty. Might want to check with her doctor, and of course see how she's feeling.

Archived