noise

jcool

For anyone how has taking a cruise out of Puerto Rico on carnival. I am thinking about getting a cabin on the main floor. I have heard that on some floor people make a lot of noise that people could not sleep. This will be my first cruise out of Puerto Rico on carnival I have been on Royal and Princess out of Puerto Rico.

Check the deck plans for Valor on the Carnival website, to see which cabins fall under dining rooms, and under or over the various entertainment venues. If you're sensitive to noise, it pays to put a deck between you and sources of noise. Also, bring disposable foam ear plugs. I have them with me on every vacation, whether on a ship or in a hotel -- people can be loud and stupid in the middle of the night no matter where you are.

Also, by the way... Valor is my favorite Carnival ship so far, and I think it's a great choice. And that Puerto Rico itinerary is excellent (as you probably already know). I'm considering the same cruise for Feb of 2014.

If you do not mind I think you mean Feb2015. That is the same time I am think of. In the of end of Jan or the begin Feb. I want to get lost up the mountains.

You're correct. How time flies!

To be sure, I wouldn't mind an extra sea day on this itinerary. St. Kitts is my favorite port out of the Puerto Rico cruise. And I loved watching the flying fish in the Southern Caribbean.

Edited by larkz

For anyone how has taking a cruise out of Puerto Rico on carnival. I am thinking about getting a cabin on the main floor. I have heard that on some floor people make a lot of noise that people could not sleep. This will be my first cruise out of Puerto Rico on carnival I have been on Royal and Princess out of Puerto Rico.

Generally speaking, the cheaper the cruise, the louder the noise. My last two Carnival cruises, the amount of disrespect in the hallways at night was extensive, and I am sure, 20 people will see this post and say it isn't so, but it was. Ironically, I never had the issue on a RCCL ship. Cost more money....Just the reason you are asking tells me, that you have already heard rumors about this.

What did you do in St. Kitts?

Sorry, just noticed this question.

I'm a railroad enthusiast, so we did the train. It was worth the money to me, and I wanted an excursion where we could sit on our backsides and not do any work at all -- because we did a ton of kayaking on this trip. Some might find the train a little boring, but it does give you a great view of the landscape and villages all around the island.

Edited by larkz