Future cruise deposits question.

Scorpio41

Just back from Azura Caribbean cruise and put our deposit down whilst onboard. Can be used on any type of cruise with existing offers and an extra obc - £25 on 7 nights, £50 on 14 etc. Wel go anyway so might as well get a bit extra and have some deposit already on it! Have to book within a year but not actually take it within a year.

Just be aware that you have to book a cruise within a year of buying the FCC and if you don't, you LOSE your deposit.

We looked at doing this on Ventura at xmas, but as we weren't sure if we would be booking within the year (as we already had xmas 2014 booked), we decided it wasn't worth the risk of losing the money. One year is just not long enough IMHO.

Just be aware that you have to book a cruise within a year of buying the FCC and if you don't, you LOSE your deposit.

We looked at doing this on Ventura at xmas, but as we weren't sure if we would be booking within the year (as we already had xmas 2014 booked), we decided it wasn't worth the risk of losing the money. One year is just not long enough IMHO.

I agree, with Princess, for example you get two years and you can get your deposit back if you decide not to book within the two year period.

I suppose if you are just putting down a deposit on the off chance its a bit risky but we will be intending to cruise sometime in 2015 so thats worth it for us. If something happens to stop us can claim it back on insurance I suppose.