Partial Day Drink Package

SDA1125

Hello - I beieve you can get the drink package for part of your cruise if there are 4 consecutive days - in the beginning or at the end of the cruise. Has anyone done this ? Also when you get the package does it start immediately even when your ship is in port waiting for sail away ?

I'm hoping someone answers your question as we are also curious to know, but in the meantime here's a link to their site showing that it is allowed:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5804

Hello - I beieve you can get the drink package for part of your cruise if there are 4 consecutive days - in the beginning or at the end of the cruise. Has anyone done this ? Also when you get the package does it start immediately even when your ship is in port waiting for sail away ?

You can only buy the package until the end of the cruise. In other words, whenever you buy the package, you have to buy it from that point to the end of the cruise. Plus there must be at least 4 days left in the cruise.

I too would like to hear from anyone that's actually managed to purchase a package a few days into their cruise. This year we are on a 14 night TA and for the first two or three days I won't be drinking while I get my sea legs. Plus I don't think I could drink alcohol for 14 days - 7 yes but not 2 weeks! Thanks.

Wondering if they offer a partial soda package as well, for the last 4 days; Wonder if this is available and how much it would cost....

I haven't specifically heard that the soda package can be purchased for a partial cruise, but assuming it could, it would be $6.50 per day plus 15%.

I haven't specifically heard that the soda package can be purchased for a partial cruise, but assuming it could, it would be $6.50 per day plus 15%.

Is that all? Wow, I was thinking soda pckg was more than that. Not bad, and don't need to think about bringing soda on board anymore. Thank you for your reply!

I got curious and called RC today and they confirmed what clarea stated - the partial package can be purchased onboard for the last four days of the cruise - not the first four days. This stinks for me because our first four days including sail away are non port days excpet for one. The last 4 days have 3 ports. I know on port days we wont consume enough alcohol to break even but non port days thats a differnent story. Hmmmm having some thinking to do !

I know on port days we wont consume enough alcohol to break even but non port days thats a differnent story. Hmmmm having some thinking to do !

In my lowly, honest opinion, its better to look at the drink package as a convenience rather than a "will I break even" standpoint.

If you are looking at it from a break even standpoint, its highly likely you will be better off buying by the drink.

Again, just my lowly, honest opinion :)

Edited by ryano

You can only buy the package until the end of the cruise. In other words, whenever you buy the package, you have to buy it from that point to the end of the cruise. Plus there must be at least 4 days left in the cruise.

I want to make sure that I got this right. We are going on a 5 day in May and were thinking of just getting individual drinks the first day (the day you board the ship and sail away). If we get up the next morning and buy the drink pkg for the rest of our cruise it would start as soon as we buy it and that would be 4 days, right?

I want to make sure that I got this right. We are going on a 5 day in May and were thinking of just getting individual drinks the first day (the day you board the ship and sail away). If we get up the next morning and buy the drink pkg for the rest of our cruise it would start as soon as we buy it and that would be 4 days, right?

Correct.

Last February on EOS - if you purchased the drink package - you had to pay the full price for the length of the cruise no matter when you bought it.

Makes sense - nobody wants to pay for the 1st or last day.

Edited by JDKMunch

Last February on EOS - if you purchased the drink package - you had to pay the full price for the length of the cruise no matter when you bought it.

Makes sense - nobody wants to pay for the 1st or last day.

Yep. Good thing they changed the policy.