Cabin booking confirmation

I booked our cabin today and received the number in the payment confirmation email.:)

When I can figure out how to print it :o, or the section containing the number, it was a VERY long email, I will be sorted.

Perhaps Thomsons are listening.

Edited by happy v

Tut tut Thomsons......

Shouldn't be setting up a SSL website and letting it go live before getting a certificate verified, that's basic webmaster stuff:(

I wouldn't trust it with my data.

yes, a bit free n easy with our data aint they (bit like the nhs):(

tbh the site no more as secure as the emails they send us (with all our references/details on) unless they are encrypted...which they are not

once you do get into the site however...its quite good :cool: it shows a seat plan of the aircraft, location of the loos/wings/galley, which seats you have booked/been allocated and how many seats/locations are still available

looks to me like there is no need to prebook seats in the future? all you need to do is have a look where they have (randomly) allocated you and if you dont like that position you can then pay to prebook your seats somewhere else

there's also a place where you can enter your api, buy extra baggage etc etc

like I say...quite good...but thoms do need to sort out the certificate

online checkin has gone live here

https://www.flightextras.thomson.co.uk

the site is not secure? (for some reason) ?? :confused:

but you can enter your 'flight' booking refrence and it will confirm the aircraft seats you are booked into/have been allocated

Theres me last night thinking it was my PC.Was on last night looking to see if our flight was open for pre booking our seats

looks to me like there is no need to prebook seats in the future? all you need to do is have a look where they have (randomly) allocated you and if you dont like that position you can then pay to prebook your seats somewhere else

Thought that has always been the case geo.When we`ve pre booked seats previously,prior to booking them its always shown you the seats they have allocated you,if you dont like you then pre book and wouldn`t it be the case that if your happy with thomsons inital random seat selection that it could be subject to change if someone else decided to pre book these seats

Make sense?:confused:

Something else I noticed when on the site...Myself and MJTS API which I submitted last month is showing it as blank on the site(as if its not being submitted)

yes i noticed that too...i didnt fill it in again (i know i have already done it) i wasnt too sure about the security issues?? ....I dont know if the site gets more secure the further you dig into it??:confused:

I think a message to thoms may be in order

Thought that has always been the case geo.When we`ve pre booked seats previously,prior to booking them its always shown you the seats they have allocated you,if you dont like you then pre book and wouldn`t it be the case that if your happy with thomsons inital random seat selection that it could be subject to change if someone else decided to pre book these seats

Make sense?:confused:

I dont know?? jts...I have never been able to access the select your seat flight extras web site? unless I have actually prebooked seats

I booked our cabin today and received the number in the payment confirmation email.:)

When I can figure out how to print it :o, or the section containing the number, it was a VERY long email, I will be sorted.

Perhaps Thomsons are listening.

I phoned to book our cabin last October and received a Cruise Booking Amendment email the same day. It was a five page email and the cabin number was on page four.

yes i noticed that too...i didnt fill it in again (i know i have already done it) i wasnt too sure about the security issues?? ....I dont know if the site gets more secure the further you dig into it??:confused:

I think a message to thoms may be in order

I`ve not filled mine in again as like you I`ve already done it

geo are you going to message thoms?let me know the response if any

I`ve not filled mine in again as like you I`ve already done it

geo are you going to message thoms?let me know the response if any

i have sent an email

no response (as yet...not holding my breath):rolleyes:

thoms pre travel webcontact here (if anyone else is interested)

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/send-us-an-email-preTravelBooking.html

there is also a (non premium) phone number for pre travel issues

0871 231 4691 5p per minute duno how long they may keep you on hold tho

Edited by geomagot

i have sent an email

no response (as yet...not holding my breath):rolleyes:

thoms pre travel webcontact here (if anyone else is interested)

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/send-us-an-email-preTravelBooking.html

there is also a (non premium) phone number for pre travel issues

0871 231 4691 5p per minute duno how long they may keep you on hold tho

0871 numbers are premium numbers for anyone with talktalk :eek:

0871 numbers are premium numbers for anyone with talktalk :eek:

tbh I dont know nell? in fact I thought all numbers starting with 087 were premium numbers…its all so confusing these days…..so much easier when you had to walk around the corner past the pub and the abattoir in a snowstorm to the phone box and ask the operator to connect you and reverse the charges;):)

when thoms said that this number cost 5p per minute I guess I rather naively believed them...will i ever learn to stop doing that:(

tbh I dont know nell? in fact I thought all numbers starting with 087 were premium numbers…its all so confusing these days…..so much easier when you had to walk around the corner past the pub and the abattoir in a snowstorm to the phone box and ask the operator to connect you and reverse the charges;):)

when thoms said that this number cost 5p per minute I guess I rather naively believed them...will i ever learn to stop doing that:(

Geo, my DH is wondering why I am laughing again.

Don't know whether it was easier but It was certainly cheaper to reverse the charges :D

Thomson wouldn't say that if it isn't right, she said naively :rolleyes: I suspect the 5p is for a BT landline, that is the norm. I am not sure how much talktalk take but it is expensive and is to be avoided if possible as all business calls these days seem to be of the "please hold the line, your call is important to us, we are experiencing a high volume of calls today" variety :eek:

it shows a seat plan of the aircraft, location of the loos/wings/galley, which seats you have booked/been allocated and how many seats/locations are still available

But there is no guarantee you will keep those seats - if the plan shows they have "allocated" you say 18a and 18b - you may say those are fine - but then tomorrow - Mr and Mrs Other Cruiser comes along and looks and sees they are in 18C and across the aisle in 18D and pays the extra to choose and he can take 18a and 18b as you have not paid to reserve them - you may end up in his original seats or even 27c and 28c or other seats not next to each other in the true sense ( not the Thomson translation ).

I hope you followed that !

I phoned to book our cabin last October and received a Cruise Booking Amendment email the same day. It was a five page email and the cabin number was on page four.

Found it :D After much searching I have finally found the cabin number, Thank you - and I've been on to the new flight seat bit and see my allocated seats as chosen - a really happy bunny now :D:D:D

Not long now.....

But there is no guarantee you will keep those seats - if the plan shows they have "allocated" you say 18a and 18b - you may say those are fine - but then tomorrow - Mr and Mrs Other Cruiser comes along and looks and sees they are in 18C and across the aisle in 18D and pays the extra to choose and he can take 18a and 18b as you have not paid to reserve them - you may end up in his original seats or even 27c and 28c or other seats not next to each other in the true sense ( not the Thomson translation ).

You've just confirmed what I suspected HT, thanks :)

Basically what I was trying to say HT

Geo, my DH is wondering why I am laughing again.

Don't know whether it was easier but It was certainly cheaper to reverse the charges :D

Thomson wouldn't say that if it isn't right, she said naively :rolleyes: I suspect the 5p is for a BT landline, that is the norm. I am not sure how much talktalk take but it is expensive and is to be avoided if possible as all business calls these days seem to be of the "please hold the line, your call is important to us, we are experiencing a high volume of calls today" variety :eek:

When I phoned yesterday it said 'we expect your call to be answered in approx. 9 minutes' :eek: I put the phone down.

ah...didnt think of that...so we will still have to pay to select seats if we want a guarantee to be seated together

basically there is nothing to stop someone selecting your allocated seat at anytime right up to checkin

what would happen if you dont do online checkin tho...I'm guessing you can still check in at the checkin desk as normal?

and, if everyone does online checkin wont there still be huge queues at the bag drop?

btw.....seat booking site has gone down now?....they must have got the webmasters off their beanbags to go fix it

Edited by geomagot