Bringing items back on board

Granny1

Hi, I was asked a question today from one of the ladies that will be crusing with us in June and I could not answer it. She wanted to know if you can bring wine on board that you might have bought in a foreign port to drink or will they hold that and give back to you at the end of the cruise? I know you can bring a bottle on when you initially get on board.

I know I bought a small bottle of tequila years ago and they held that til the end of cruise which was fine but I wasn't sure about wine?

Also can someone tell me what either the dollar limit or qty limit of liquor that you can bring back?:confused:

Thanks in advance for answers to her question..;)

Also can someone tell me what either the dollar limit or qty limit of liquor that you can bring back?:confused:

Depends on which ports you visit. If you visit St. Thomas U.S.V.I. you can bring back more that if you only visit foreign ports.

If the security screeners recognize the liquor during your re-entry scan, you will be instructed to turn it in for pick up at the end of the cruise.

According to customs, the duty free limit is:

For persons of 21 years or older: 1 litre of alcoholic beverage (for arrivals from American Samoa, Guam and U.S. Virgin Islands, 5 litre not more than 1 litre of which may be acquired elsewhere than on these islands). - See more at: http://www.taxfreetravel.com/US%20Duty%20Free%20Allowances%20and%20Exemptions%20#sthash.q3rhXUqD.dpuf

I have heard multiple things. I have heard if you go through the scanner and they find booze, they will tell you to drop it off at the table further up...Some do.....and some just choose to walk right past that table:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think it just depends.........Good Luck!!!!

I have heard multiple things. I have heard if you go through the scanner and they find booze, they will tell you to drop it off at the table further up...Some do.....and some just choose to walk right past that table:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think it just depends.........Good Luck!!!!

it doesn't depend. its against the rules. if you choose to ignore the rules, that's different.

Every single rule has the possibility of getting away with it. Every one. So when the question is asked, every answer could be 'sure if you can get away with it' but then I dont think that is what is typically asked

can you smoke in the cabin? - sure, if you can get away with it

can you bring vodka on the boat when checking in? - sure, if you can get away with it

can you save 10 lounge chairs at 6am and go back to them at 3pm? sure if you can get away with it

can you miss the muster drill - sure if you can get away with it...

can you share the drinks if you pay for the cheers program - sure if you can get away with it

can you bring alcohol back to your room from a port - sure , if you can get away with it

I think its easier to just site the rules...

Edited by hftmrock

Thanks for all your answers and opinions but if she buys any while in port I know she will stop and turn it in but I was just wondering because she was questioning about wine and not vodka so it seems that the rules state all liquor, so be it..:rolleyes: