Dinner the first night...

Lou Lu

I tried to search for the answer of my question, however, there were no results. So I hope I'm not repeating this:

We depart on 8/8 from Anchorage. Our flight arrives in Anchorage at 2pm. Does anyone know how often the transfers leave the airport?

Also, the Sun doesn't embark until 9pm. Should we count on still having our dinner in the dinning room or will dinner be in the Horizon Court? We have PC dinning, do we make our reservations for that night when we get to our cabin?

Thanks for your help!

I tried to search for the answer of my question, however, there were no results. So I hope I'm not repeating this:

We depart on 8/8 from Anchorage. Our flight arrives in Anchorage at 2pm. Does anyone know how often the transfers leave the airport?

Also, the Sun doesn't embark until 9pm. Should we count on still having our dinner in the dinning room or will dinner be in the Horizon Court? We have PC dinning, do we make our reservations for that night when we get to our cabin?

Thanks for your help!

Do you mean depart at 9pm - not embark? I think you can start embarking as early as about noon or so.

I have not been yet, but from reading other posts, you are assigned to an early or late seating time that first night when you get on board. Again, I am simply stating what I have heard from others. If someone has first hand knowledge, please feel free to correct me.

I have not been yet, but from reading other posts, you are assigned to an early or late seating time that first night when you get on board.
I haven't heard of anyone who has selected PC (Anytime) dining being "assigned" a dining time. From what I know, if you have traditional seating, you go to your assigned early or late seating at the time listed in the Patter. It can vary from port-to-port. On some cruises, even if you're in traditional dining, you are taken to the next available table rather than to your assigned table but I think that's rare. If you have PC dining, you can either just show up in the PC dining room or make a reservation.

With PC dining, reservations are not necessary unless you prefer to dine at a specific time. From everything I've read, you just show up at the restaurant when you're ready to have dinner....you could experience a short wait. if you choose to dine at a specialty restaurant on the first night, reservations are required. If I'm incorrect, someone please correct me as our first Princess cruise isn't until next year. ;)

We have PC dinning, do we make our reservations for that night when we get to our cabin?

Thanks for your help!

Princess has representatives in the Anchorage Airport from about 6AM to midnight or so. They have a desk down by baggage claim. They also have at least one bus waiting at the airport, so transfers are pretty continuous to both the ship and the Captain Cook Hotel if you are going to stay in town.

They do a great job of coordinating. We never notified them when we were going to arrive, but they knew which plane we were on and checked us off their list.

The first night you can eat anywhere, since people board right up until the ship sails. You'll get all that information when you get there.

Enjoy.

Archived