Excited to try Blu but...

sweetp09

Of course there's nothing wrong with an occasional request but what if everyone decided they should be able to order off both menus? Each menu certainly has enough choices to satisfy even picky eaters. The point is to just try to be a little thoughtful about your requests.

Honestly there may not be, when you're a vegetarian AND a picky eater life can get hard :-p

My point was more that if people don't want me sometimes ordering off the MDR menu in blu but ALSO don't want me ever eating in the MDR what is another alternative? Always eat room service? Always eat at the buffet? Personally I don't have a problem with suite guests eating in Blu and I don't see what the big deal is about eating in the MDR some days to try it out, but maybe that's just me :-/

Color me stupid. It would never have occurred to me that there was a segment of the Aqua Class cabins passengers that did not want to share Blu with suite guests.

We had dinner in Blu nearly every night on a TA cruise....and breakfast once. We were in AC. We never once went to MDR. Selected anytime dining so our tips were already taken care of and they weren't holding a space for us knowing we wouldn't be going. But the thought of suite passengers dining there wouldn't even almost cross my mind. I don't get this. What am I not understanding?

So if we are in a suite and go to Blu, space permitting, is there a large percentage of guests throwing daggers our way....even if there are empty tables? It's not like they are breaking any rules or getting away with something. According to everything I read, suite passengers can go to Blu, space permitting, for a nominal fee. So why would anyone have a problem with this...unless there wasn't room for the AC passengers as a direct result of suite dinners.

How does anyone know what type of cabin you have anyway? Except the maitre d.

Confused...:/

Color me stupid.

So if we are in a suite and go to Blu, space permitting, is there a large percentage of guests throwing daggers our way....even if there are empty tables?

Color me stupid as well. I've never stayed in a suite and I didn't realize that it was that easy to tell the difference between AQ passengers and suite passengers. I would have no idea which passengers were in which cabins.

I know not everyone has had the same experience, but we've never had to wait for a table.

Honestly there may not be, when you're a vegetarian AND a picky eater life can get hard :-p

My point was more that if people don't want me sometimes ordering off the MDR menu in blu but ALSO don't want me ever eating in the MDR what is another alternative? Always eat room service? Always eat at the buffet? Personally I don't have a problem with suite guests eating in Blu and I don't see what the big deal is about eating in the MDR some days to try it out, but maybe that's just me :-/

Eating in the MDR is a lot different than trying to order off both menus. Personally, I have no problem with anyone eating anywhere they are allowed and there is space available, and I haven't really ever heard anyone complain if people from Blu come over to the MDR. It just seems that for some reason when some people choose Aqua Class they think that means they can just have whatever they want any time they want.

Edited by Ma Bell

And on our one cruise in AQ, they refused to get us anything from the MDR menu. Blu was extremely crowded on that cruise, and the waiters were already overworked. I suspect that impacted the decision. Celebrity's consistent inconsistency.

That's the logical consequence of all the "special" requests.

In our experience they really bend backwards in Blu to make you happy, even if it means getting something not on the menu occasionally. The problem starts if lots of people want to have different things all the time. Then it is very difficult to cope with these special requests and they will have to draw lines or even stop it altogether.

Like several things, I think it varies greatly. We sailed on the Summit last June and requested politely for a favorite appetizer from the MDR and were politely told that requests for food from MDR were not allowed. It didn't impact our meal, but we also felt like it didn't hurt to ask.

Edited by like2cruise