Caribbean charms/Tropical treasures Review

How did you like the Dream Jakanne, would you go on her again?

Definitely Vera, I'm already booked on Dream for later in the summer with DH. I must admit that it took a couple of days to sort out some "niggles" but then became more positive about it.

I do, however, think it is time to look to another cruise line for our next cruise as I will have done 6 on Thomson and need to experience a different type of ship. Just not sure which to try.

Today, DH mentioned he would not be interested in the Caribbean but would like to go to the Baltics. Especially St Petersburg. He does love his history.

Six! You've managed that rather quickly.;)

I would recommend the Baltic and you can go from Newcastle so no hastle. I know Thomsons aren't going next year but Fred usually do a couple of itineraries.

Definitely recommend the Baltic Jackie. We went on RCI, but I think Princess do it too and as Vera says, Fred goes from lots of ports.

Thank you ladies! V..... Got to catch up with Linda!

Some more research coming up! :eek:

I can echo what you say. Our first week was 23rd February too. I too heard people moaning about little things and have read recent reviews on CC including remarks like there being no fresh fruit. Well we had fresh fruit every morning for breakfast!

I thought the reference was to the absence of bowls of fresh fruit (bananas, apples, oranges, kiwi) which always used to be available in the buffet, rather than the prepared fresh fruit like grapefruit, melon, pineapple which is still available at breakfast and for starters or dessert etc. Certainly there were no bowls of pieces of fruit available to help yourself to on our last cruise although my friend was handed an orange which was fetched from the kitchen when she asked for one. Did you spot any bowls of fruit Jakanne? It would nice to know if they have reappeared.

I thought the reference was to the absence of bowls of fresh fruit (bananas, apples, oranges, kiwi) which always used to be available in the buffet, rather than the prepared fresh fruit like grapefruit, melon, pineapple which is still available at breakfast and for starters or dessert etc. Certainly there were no bowls of pieces of fruit available to help yourself to on our last cruise although my friend was handed an orange which was fetched from the kitchen when she asked for one. Did you spot any bowls of fruit Jakanne? It would nice to know if they have reappeared.

Yes, there were apples (very large and green), plums, kiwi, etc, but you had to ask for bananas. Don't know why in the Caribbean but they were quite cold so we thought they must keep them in the fridge for some reason.

Yes, there were apples (very large and green), plums, kiwi, etc, but you had to ask for bananas. Don't know why in the Caribbean but they were quite cold so we thought they must keep them in the fridge for some reason.

That's good news then. We didn't make anything of it but we did notice the lack of availability on our cruise - just something which had changed. Pleased to know it's now available again. :)

Could the bowls of fruit have been removed because of the dreaded Norovirus? People would maybe "rummage" in the bowl looking for the best pieces! Don't know about the weetabix though, were they from a packet or individually wrapped?

Edited by Sheila49

Could the bowls of fruit have been removed because of the dreaded Norovirus? People would maybe "rummage" in the bowl looking for the best pieces! Don't know about the weetabix though, were they from a packet or individually wrapped?

No NV which we were awareof when we were on board thankfully - it was help yourself to the buffet all three weeks so don't think that was the issue although I agree it is a thought. Perhaps it would be best to be on display behind the counter in those circumstances and then you ask for what you want.

No NV which we were awareof when we were on board thankfully - it was help yourself to the buffet all three weeks so don't think that was the issue although I agree it is a thought. Perhaps it would be best to be on display behind the counter in those circumstances and then you ask for what you want.

That seems a sensible solution Kruzseeka. As long as they don't stop the fresh pineapple, I love it!😊

The weetabix came from the normal pack of 12 you get in a box, they were proper weetabix as well not the cheap ones that taste like you are chewing fat. uggh.:eek:

The time we have been on Dream with them out on display they had tongues so you could pick them up. I think it's just a low supply problem they may have had at the time.

Haven't seen any special K, Eleanor.

But then I wasn't looking.... My motto is if you don't ask you don't get. :D

You could always get sachets of hot chocolate on P&O, but they were only on display at supper time.

We've gone an bit OT haven't we....never mind.

Edited by joeholiday2

The weetabix came from the normal pack of 12 you get in a box, they were proper weetabix as well not the cheap ones that taste like you are chewing fat. uggh.:eek:

The time we have been on Dream with them out on display they had tongues so you could pick them up. I think it's just a low supply problem they may have had at the time.

Haven't seen any special K, Eleanor.

But then I wasn't looking.... My motto is if you don't ask you don't get. :D

You could always get sachets of hot chocolate on P&O, but they were only on display at supper time.

We've gone an bit OT haven't we....never mind.

Don't think I've seen Special K either, Joe, but it is still my favourite.

Hot chocolate for breakfast......very French but very lovely with croissants.

We have indeed gone OT :D